@barnardino Yeah, we pretty much are. I can control the selected actor, as I do with my duplication. That said, that was one of the more tricky parts of my script, because of Poser's random behavior.
Mind, I still haven't tested ProcessCommand() to see if it works. It's logical that it will given that deleting with the GUI works, but given I can't even begin to fathom what went wrong with the update to cause this problem, I'm not betting on anything.
I, too, am concerned about existing scripts. This is an entirely fatal error. If it just didn't work, that would be bad enough, but it fully crashes Poser. I had to debug this, but normal people will probably just avoid those scripts like the plague if they encounter this problem. IMHO, it makes the script look dicey. I mean, I would expect a script that completely crashed Poser after an update to be doing something really klugey, overly complicated, with a whole bunch of erroneous assumptions. I wouldn't expect the problem to be just using a common officially documented method.
@eclark1849 No, there is no concept of a cloth settings file, the ones PhilC made were stored in the materials folder but simply called a python script to set the values. EZCloth was written using @Snarlygribbly 's EZDome code, so the saves are to a .per file in your poser prefs directory, exactly the same as EZDome and EZSkin does.
@anomalaus Do you have an example of a script where you try to look up the animation set's name in Python? I want to see what you're trying to do and compare it to what the implementation is doing. If you don't want to send the snippet here, please PM me the code you use to look up by name that doesn't work but should -- and/or, how you think it should work or be structured in Python --
@ghostship Yeah, this was the stuff we discussed back over Christmas. :-) I emailed the final feature to you earlier today Ghost. Your work looks tremendous in the mag, and you got the index page as well!
I've done a bit more experimenting, especially after I realized I was applying FireFly's built-in tone mapping on top of that provided by the billboard shader, which I think BB advises against. I've also learned of Ghostship's method of tone mapping via an EXR in Photoshop 6. I could use some feedback on which of these looks best (i.e. most realistic and filmic).
Original SuperFly Render as JPG
Tone Mapping of EXR via Billboard in FireFly
Tone Mapping of EXR via Photoshop CS6
As far as I can tell, billboard-based tone mapping actually seems to weaken contrast, while Photoshop tone mapping strengthens it (mainly by giving darker darks).
I usually do color correction and maybe some sharpening but not always. I also like to play around with various other filters from the nik collection which I got when it was free.
From what I see, it still is available although you have to give your email to get a link for the download. https://nikcollection.dxo.com/