Vertices attached to wrong bone after GameDev export: … Advise how to fix?

• I'm using Poser2014 GameDev to export to Unity, but in both Collada and FBX I have a rigging issue on a particular figure. 4 vertices under the chin get attached to the neck instead of the head…. From what I understand, within Poser the vertices are weighted correctly to the head only.

0_1481818857090_Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.02.21 AM.png

0_1481819630379_Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.32.56 AM.png

1. Is there a "fix" within Poser? Would the upgrade help?
    2. Is there a "fix" in 3rd-party software (Blender, maybe? Eek!)

Thank you for advice!
    holly

• Are you converting to simple bone single skin as your skinning method before export? If not, try that and see if it still happens.

• @Teyon said in Vertices attached to wrong bone after GameDev export: … Advise how to fix?:

Are you converting to simple bone single skin as your skinning method before export? If not, try that and see if it still happens.

Thank you. That sounds like a good rule I didn't know about….

I'm still seeing the issue with the same ~4 vertices weighting to the neck though…, so that wasn't the cause of the problem. :(

• Is that the Michael 3 figure ? I believe there were 2 service releases and one of them addresses this neck issue.

• @ibr_remote Good eye! ;) It is M3-Reduced Res…. (fits within Unity's polygon limit, and has many morphs to learn on).

I will look again at the base obj…. M3RR does have a "fix neck" dial (but I haven't tried it, LOL)…. V3-Reduced doesn't have the issue…. whew, so many moving parts. It's difficult to know where to tackle a problem…. Thank you!

• @wetcircuit The service releases were for the full resolution version, not for the Reduced Resolution version, unfortunately.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.