Vertices attached to wrong bone after GameDev export: … Advise how to fix?

• I'm using Poser2014 GameDev to export to Unity, but in both Collada and FBX I have a rigging issue on a particular figure. 4 vertices under the chin get attached to the neck instead of the head…. From what I understand, within Poser the vertices are weighted correctly to the head only.

0_1481818857090_Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.02.21 AM.png

0_1481819630379_Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 11.32.56 AM.png

1. Is there a "fix" within Poser? Would the upgrade help?
    2. Is there a "fix" in 3rd-party software (Blender, maybe? Eek!)

Thank you for advice!
    holly

• Are you converting to simple bone single skin as your skinning method before export? If not, try that and see if it still happens.

• @Teyon said in Vertices attached to wrong bone after GameDev export: … Advise how to fix?:

Are you converting to simple bone single skin as your skinning method before export? If not, try that and see if it still happens.

Thank you. That sounds like a good rule I didn't know about….

I'm still seeing the issue with the same ~4 vertices weighting to the neck though…, so that wasn't the cause of the problem. :(

• Is that the Michael 3 figure ? I believe there were 2 service releases and one of them addresses this neck issue.

• @ibr_remote Good eye! ;) It is M3-Reduced Res…. (fits within Unity's polygon limit, and has many morphs to learn on).

I will look again at the base obj…. M3RR does have a "fix neck" dial (but I haven't tried it, LOL)…. V3-Reduced doesn't have the issue…. whew, so many moving parts. It's difficult to know where to tackle a problem…. Thank you!

• @wetcircuit The service releases were for the full resolution version, not for the Reduced Resolution version, unfortunately.