Any updates in the works?

• Is Motion Artist still being developed?

• I'd be interested in an 'official' answer to this question. At present it gives the impression of being abandonware.

• What improvements would you like to see?

• I'd like to see some automation of the .png import sequences imported into MA, so you didn't have to laboriously go through converting each layer into a one or two frame sequence. It would also be nice to be able to import .gif files into MA.

• @jahnocli

Apologies but yes, the official answer is that we definitely plan on updating MotionArtist. We're still working on the timetable but please make sure to list your list of improvements as Uli mentioned!

Regards,

Fahim

• I'm glad to hear that MotionArtist is still seeing some love. I'm looking forward to whatever new features might be coming down the line. Great software :)

• I have only been using motion artist for a very short while and my understanding is limited so forgive me if these things are in there somewhere.

Also I would like to see some more built in fx, like blur etc.

A way to increase the size of the timeline larger that it is may be useful as would be changing the colours of the objects. I think sometimes it would be beneficial to be able to have the timeline window larger than the animation window.

If you could change the colour of the objects and that also changed the colour of the panel selection overlay in the animation so they are easily associated that may be helpful too.

If when you clicked on a camera stop point in the timeline so it shows red, if the corresponding stop point in the animation window would also show red that would be handy.