Distorted G2 in Poser 11

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to correct this?
    It is G2 in poser 11.
    I think this problem showed up in the RDNA forums but I can't find it.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Team

If memory serves me correctly it is an IK issue.

Try this and see if it helps, Rod and Les put this together and I think it is for the issue you mentioned.

Inverse Kinematics for DAZ Genesis 1 & 2 in Poser

• Poser Ambassadors

@lululee said in Distorted G2 in Poser 11:

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to correct this?
    It is G2 in poser 11.
    I think this problem showed up in the RDNA forums but I can't find it.
    Here's the image

![alt text](0_1482809310108_PF-G2.png image url)

• Poser Ambassadors

@shvrdavid
    Thanks so much.
    I'll check this out tomorrow.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

@shvrdavid
    I forgot to check the nudity. Would you fix it for me?
    Thanks
    lululee

• @lululee

It's because of D3D's Generation X. The fix is here:

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?102493-Genesis-2-Poser-11-Misaligned-Mouth-Fix

Actually, I'll paste it here, in case the RDNA Forum goes away. BY Willdial:

*It didn't occur in previous versions of Poser. After a couple of hours of research, I found the offending morphs. They were created by the Genesis Generation X2.

Morphs
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Upper Jaw Translate Z
    Face -> Generation X -> Fix -> Lower Jaw Translate Z

Internal Names
    Upper Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw
    Lower Jaw Translate Z -> GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw

The two morphs have a Min value set to 100 and a Max value set to -100. Logically, they are backwards. Poser 11 cannot handle it.

The Fix
    I edited the following files to set the Min to -100 and the Max to 100. Note: When editing DSF files, always make backups.

Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZLowJaw.dsf
    Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\D3D Gen X\GXF_G2F_TransZUpJaw.dsf

That fixed the problem. I tested some the dependent morphs and they worked fine.

Could someone please double check to make sure that this will actually fix the error. If it does, please spread the word. *

• @wandw
    I've found the subject files identified by Willdial, but when I went in to edit them with an ASCII text editor, it became very clear that thease are not ASCII files. So how does one go about editting dsf files to reset the morph limits?

• @Photonflash1 said in Distorted G2 in Poser 11:

@wandw
    I've found the subject files identified by Willdial, but when I went in to edit them with an ASCII text editor, it became very clear that thease are not ASCII files. So how does one go about editting dsf files to reset the morph limits?

I'm sorry; I forgot that those DSF files were compressed, exactly like some Poser files are compressed. I use 7-zip to edit them them. In Windows, right click on the file, and from the 7-zip entry, select Open Archive. Right click on the file within the archive, select edit, make the change in the editor window, and save it from the menu. 7-zip will ask if you want to save the changes, which you do.

Alternatively one can extract the file from the compressed dsf, edit it and add the .dsf extension after moving the original dsf file elsewhere, but it's very straightforward to do in 7-zip, which is a free download here...

http://www.7-zip.org/

• @wandw
    Okay, I have done that, but when I load Gen2 Female in Poser it indicates it is loading the cr2 of her and it continues to have the same problem as before (displaced jaws). I'm not sure what cr2 file it is that Poser is loading, or where to find it. Do I need to reinstall G2F in Poser now that the morphs have been corrected? BTW, I left the editted morph files uncompressed and renamed the originals. I have also searched my DAZ and Poser runtimes thinking that perhaps there are other "original" morph files lurking somewhere.....no dice.

• Are you loading it from the Poser Companion file, or from a saved .cr2? The above will only fix newly loaded Genesis 2, not saved ones, although I believe that correcting the limits of those hidden morphs within Poser will work on saved scenes or .cr2s...

• @wandw
    I thought I was loading a new Genesis 2 using D3D's XL library manager.... But suppose I am not. How do I go about correcting the limits of hidden morphs within Poser? I tried to figure out how to do that when I read Willdial's post, but was not able to "Expose" the hidden morphs within Poser.

• @Photonflash1

Did you try loading one from the Poser library?

To expose hidden dials, click the triangle at the top left of the Parameters pane and select 'show hidden parameters'.

I have an old saved scene with the issue, and while I can find the dials in the jaws, (Upper and Lower Jaw Translate Z, which in my case was the last dial above the Transform dials if you scroll all of the way down ) I can't seem to find the corresponding master dials in the Body actor, as there are literally hundreds, and I didn't see them scrolling through; I wish there was a search function. You may have to manually edit the .cr2...

• Oops; the triangle to access the settings is at the top RIGHT of the Parameters Pane! :D

• @wandw Thanks WandW! I was not able to fix it the way you were suggesting, but I did find a G@F version that I had previously saved as a "prototype" Poser figure that didn't have the problem. So I am able to proceed with G2 now. Thanks for your suggestions though! I appreciate your help.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.