I've got the most dislikes in forum history...

• @ghostship Typical entitled behavior. Small minded people do small minded things.

• Never let reputation affect you. Ignore it. Just participate for fun, for learning, to help others understand the software better, etc. Reputation up votes and down votes mean nothing to me.

• Poser Ambassadors

I am looking into this.

I can understand down voting some things, but some of the down voting that happened recently appears to rather biased to me as well. I am not real happy about having to waste the last day of the year looking into this.

It would be real nice if whoever did this saved me the time and explained to me why they did so before I waste hours getting to the bottom of it.

So if the person that did this is reading this, save me some time and explain your actions to me in PM.

• I'll take a look at downvote history. If there is a user constantly downvoting posts, it think such behavior should be penalized in some way. I guess a warning along with a temporary ban would make sense, and in case of repeating this abusive behavior a permanent ban would follow.
    Tell me what you think. Agree/disagree or whatever you find is the most appropriate solution.

• @admin I agree. I think that all this probably happened last night.

• It is a bit funny I don't have enough reputation to downvote posts :)

• @admin ROFL, that's too funny!

Actually, my preferred "punishment" for this behavior is to see the ability to up and downvote removed from the forum completely.

It just encourages childish behavior.

• 0_1483121862936_upload-fa14bfc9-86b2-42ed-a301-ad87b7b73d85

Wonder what set them off? I'm such a nice guy in real life. :)

• Well, just found a user with 319 downvotes. (Edit: actually it is 253)
    It is an active user, with a decent reputation and amount of posts.
    He downvoted many users, but most noticeably Gliterrati and eclark.

• Personally I'm not in favour of sanctions on a first offence. Big believer in accomplishring more with honey than vinegar.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @admin lol - I know it was weak! ha ha

• @matb
    I didn't find the last sentence in that post to be funny at all.
    I hope you don't mind me deleting the post, it certainly is not constructive in any way.

• @admin Just so you know, it's really not important to me at all, although I do admit curiosity as to who and why. That said, I don't care if you punish him or not, but seems like you do need to do something to stop anyone from abusing the system in the future.

• @eclark1849 Freedom of speech and of click is certainly a double edged sword that's for sure Errol! How would YOU handle this if you were the admin?

• Poser Ambassadors

@admin
    @shvrdavid
    Thanks for looking into this.

Let's finish 2016 in style, and have some nice moments to get to 2017.
    Best regards all, Tony

• @matb I'm not the admin. Doesn't matter how I would handle it.

• Poser Ambassadors

The reputation system was probably designed to give the general users a voice, so to speak.

But looking thru what happened is nothing more than an attack against a few people.

I am going to be completely honest about this, I am not happy about this at all.
    All of us are here for basically the same reasons, we share, learn, laugh, and occasionally scratch our heads.
    Many of us have been talking to each other on one forum or another for years.
    Many of us are basically friends that have never met. That's how I look at it anyway.
    Sure, we may not always agree, and that's a good thing not a bad one.

What has happened exposes a flaw in the system that I questioned a few times before.
    I have not down voted a single post since the site was created, not a single one.
    I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their opinions, etc, as long as it is civil.

Yes I have moderated more than a few things on various sites, some of which many of you may not have even noticed.
    This is a new thing to moderate so to speak, and it isn't something that is easily corrected either way.
    The points system was put in with good intentions by the NodeBB crew and it makes me wonder how often this has happened at other forums that use the same backbone.

I try to be as fair a moderator as possible, but you cant always be fair to everyone at the same time.
    What happened here isn't fair to far more people than it first was aimed at.

Now it has to be dealt with, by people it wasn't even aimed at in the first place.

• This site isn't that busy and rarely are there a bunch of posts that need to be voted on one way or the other. Perhaps a limit might be imposed. People might be less likely to downvote someone they just don't like if they had to ration their votes and save a few for a truly bad post.