I've got the most dislikes in forum history...

• I'm on the east coast of US, so we're six minutes in.

• @eclark1849 said in I've got the most dislikes in forum history...:

I'm on the east coast of US, so we're six minutes in.

3 diff darn clocks in front of me, all with different times... all supposedly "synched" to... something. :/ Oh well, everything considered, maybe it's best if I don't really know when it's coming. :)

Better go old-tech and turn on the T.V.!

• poor bastards in Australia: right now it's 4 in the afternoon. Probably drinking a beer and watching rugby on the TV.

• Happy New Year folks. I'm also on the East Coast, and it's now an hour and 8 minutes into the New Year. ~grin~

• @Miss-B 8 hours and 14 minutes later. So far... so good.

• @matb said in I've got the most dislikes in forum history...:

And I don't WANT to be that guy that's always causing trouble or complaining, but nor will I be that guy that people just push around. I'm sure that you can empathise with that?

Yes, I understand where you are coming from, but I also see the other side of it as well.

I think that one area about all of this gets missed. If you put pins on a map where the people that run this forum live, you quickly see that it is comprised of people from all over with many different backgrounds. So when we all get together and discuss something, each angle is based on that to a point as well. There is also the language differences as well. You see that within the forum as well.

All of us are a diverse group of individuals. Like I said before, civil opinions are always welcome. Every post can be interpreted in many ways, depending on who is reading it. All of that is taken into consideration, and in this case, so was what many of you thought about it as well.

And as far as you rocking the boat on an issue like this, as long as it is civil, in good taste, and isn't going to start an interrupted issue, that's fine. The post that was removed had the potential to do just that. It had the potential to do far more damage than good even thou your intentions were not pointed that way at all. It was already a touchy situation to begin with.

Like I said before, the people that run this site have a job to do, many do so from behind the scenes, some come right out and tell you about it. Which ones do you prefer to remove something? Ones that just do it and never say a word, or ones that tell you they did, then ask you what your opinion is on the rest of the whole situation.

Very few forums ask the users what they think about an issue, and far less take it into consideration. We asked all of you about this issue, when we could have just as easily buried it and moved on. It would have been a lot easier to bury it, and we didn't go that route.

Which way would you prefer we do it?

Like you said, its 2017. Time for a clean slate and move on.

• @morkonan
    I agree with you there. This forum is too small to need this sort of ranking. Those that have a generally positive input will be known anyway.

@All
    Maybe it is good to recap (or define first) what is meant by an 'upvote' of a post. Does that mean:

• we think the post contains important information or important input to the discussion and want to make the post stand out so other forum users can find it easily, or
    • we like or agree with what is being said in the post, or
    • we express our gratitude to the author of the post for taking the trouble to write it.
      did I forget anything??

We have to decide what we want the ranking numbers to mean before we can decide what facilities we need in this forum.
    In absence of agreement, indeed we better have no facility at all so it cannot be misunderstood also.

• Poser Ambassadors

Personally I like the voting system, though can see the potential for abuse. I like the idea of limiting the number of votes that can be made by any single user in a 24 hour period; beyond that forum members could simply report any instances they consider abusive to admins.

A forum like this thrives on information & I think the voting system can be useful, especially for those new to Poser.