Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?

• @Glitterati3D said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

I agree wholeheartedly, Dawn is a dream to rig for. So easy, fast, and intuitive.

While I can't do any comparison to Genesis as I don't use the figure, I do rig for the Hivewire figures and know fast, easy and painless. That's rigging addons for Dawn.

Let me also add that when Dawn was upgraded Hivewire to great care to make everything backward compatible. What worked on Dawn v1.0 works on DawnSE.

Cool. Thanks Glitterati for recounting your challenges with Baby Luna. I've just reviewed them with Paul and we'll simply have to address them in an upcoming version or update. So sorry for causing you or others any undo heartache. I know you're a big proponent of another quality baby offering in this market too. You've expressed to me early excitement for Baby Luna while she was in the works.

Thanks for pushing past issues and doing the best you can to find ways to lend your support. We're trying our best. I can tell you that.

• @HiveWireChris Hey, I LOVE Baby Luna! I just don't render from the back, LOL!

How can you NOT love this little creature? Soooooooooo adorable!
    0_1464280399783_LunaSuperfly.jpg

• @James_in_3D said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

Thanks for weighing in, Chris. I've just bought the newest version of Dawn and I'm looking forward to working with her.

Very good kind sir!!! Thanks for the support, on instagram too even. Loving your 54 Belair car work! Wow. Nice!!

As far as Dawn goes, I think you'll dig working with her. Also, keep on eye on our upcoming newsletters. Some awesome stuff coming out for Dawn!! Holy cow, you're going to dig this stuff.

Also... EvilInnocence has recently submitted a ton of product with us, and look for that to hit our store soon.

• @HiveWireChris

Sorry, screwed up your quote there James. It was in response to your recent download and purchase of Dawn. Thanks again!

And Glitterati... nice work and image there. Sweet and adorable indeed.

• @HiveWireChris said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

@James_in_3D said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

Thanks for weighing in, Chris. I've just bought the newest version of Dawn and I'm looking forward to working with her.

Very good kind sir!!! Thanks for the support, on instagram too even. Loving your 54 Belair car work! Wow. Nice!!

As far as Dawn goes, I think you'll dig working with her. Also, keep on eye on our upcoming newsletters. Some awesome stuff coming out for Dawn!! Holy cow, you're going to dig this stuff.

Also... EvilInnocence has recently submitted a ton of product with us, and look for that to hit our store soon.

Thanks for the compliment, I do appreciate it. :)

I just bought The Huntress for Dawn. Looking forward to using that later today -- and to seeing the arrival of Evilinnocence's stuff!

• @HiveWireChris said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

@HiveWireChris

Sorry, screwed up your quote there James. It was in response to your recent download and purchase of Dawn. Thanks again!

And Glitterati... nice work and image there. Sweet and adorable indeed.

No worries, got it figured out!

• @James_in_3D James, we're not trying to argue. But, you do understand that there are only 2 parts to a figure, correct?

There's the mesh (and I'm certain you're not suggesting anyone violate a copyrighted mesh by copying it); and

There's the rigging.

That's it. That's all there is to a figure.

So, when you suggest someone make Dawn/Dusk "more like Genesis" one is left with the rigging. And, even that can't be copied without violating IP.

So the question and responses make perfect sense.

• Lets level the playing field a bit here. All figures have potential, and many of us have demonstrated that over the years.

A bunch of us got together after Dawn came out, and tore the Poser cr2 to shreds. And I mean that in a positive way.
    There were some issues, and after fixing various things a bunch of us came up with a Poser cr2 that did not change the functionality of Dawn a bit. At the same time corrected the issues we found, without affecting content either.
    I sent my version of a corrected cr2 to Chris, and low and behold his group of people corrected Dawn with SR1.

Chris does listen, but at the same time I can relate to missing things when trying to correct everything everyone mentioned.
    SR's on figures happen, and more often than not it is users that point out issues first. New sets of eyes so to speak.

I have missed some blunders when setting up figures myself, and that is just from looking at it so long you over look the obvious.
    Sometimes things that are odd, can not be changed without affecting all the content. That's just the way it is.
    Other times you can correct it and not affect any of the content.

Will Chris look into an issue with one of his figures? Yes he will, I know that from experience.
    But at the same time don't be upset if something was overlooked, it happens.

As far as the negativity in the forums, there is not a place for that here.
    You can point anything out you want too, without going the negativity route.

If there is something that needs done to a figure, someone here can figure out what to do about it.
    But it wont work if it is approached with negativity.
    I can guarantee you that.

• @shvrdavid Wasn't trying to be negative, Scott, but golly gee wililkers, I don't think asking for specifics in what you consider an improvement is a negative post.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

@James_in_3D James, we're not trying to argue. But, you do understand that there are only 2 parts to a figure, correct?

There's the mesh... and

There's the rigging.

And there are a million and one ways to improve and refine both that don't violate anyone's IP, while still being on par with, or better than, the competition.

But some of those improvements require enhancements to the core software to happen before anyone can actually implement them.

Others rely on base shape and mesh detail, and all of that is in the hands of the figure artist.

• @Glitterati3D said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

@James_in_3D James, we're not trying to argue. But, you do understand that there are only 2 parts to a figure, correct?

There's the mesh (and I'm certain you're not suggesting anyone violate a copyrighted mesh by copying it); and

There's the rigging.

So, when you suggest someone make Dawn/Dusk "more like Genesis" one is left with the rigging. And, even that can't be copied without violating IP.

So the question and responses make perfect sense.

This is going to be my last word on this because you are not actually reading a word of what I said.

No, your barrage of questions did not make sense. It was unrelated to what I was referring to. I did NOT say that Dawn or Dusk should be "more like Genesis". At all. You used quotes as if I said that. I didn't. I already elaborated on what I meant in a response to eclark1849, so I'm not going over it again. Your questions were not related to what I was saying, and they were irrelevant to what I was saying. I'm really getting tired of repeating myself.

So unfortunately, yes, at this point, you very much are just arguing with me. Over, I might add, things I did not say.

What part of this do you not understand?

You are making assumptions and quite evidently choosing to hear what you want to hear, and reading what you want to read, regardless of what was actually written.

Just stop.

• @AmbientShade Agreed! As Scott said, no figure is perfect, they can all be improved. And, as technology changes, so do the figures.

• I'd still like to see a version two of Roxie myself. No, most likely stuff made for version one won't fit right, but we can make updates or new stuff. How about it SM? Can we get Roxie covered by the same Merchant Resource agreement as Pauline?

• @eclark1849 Stuff for Roxie1 do not work already on Roxie1.1 - morphs and poses particularly.

But, I, too would like to see fixes to Roxie - especially her hand posing. That's a mess (which I reported to SM long ago).

• Poser Ambassadors

Even with all the improvements Poser has seen, we're still pretty much stuck with relying on the base shape and rigging, and if that base shape changes too much, then a lot of the existing content for a figure won't work with its new shape. That's a problem for content artists and prevents us from really taking a figure to whatever level we want to take it to, without worrying whether or not those 10 or 100 other artists making clothing for the base figure and it's existing morph sets will work with our new shape. In that regard we are still stuck with V4 level content tech. That's why there is no clothing for Anastasia, etc. Sure, we have the fitting room, and morph transfer, and they are handy tools, but they are only available to people who have the pro versions and the patience to work with them. So currently we can't look through the store and find whatever clothing we want to work with our favorite character morph. We have to make sure it is clothing that's made to fit that character morph.

Same is true for texture maps. If you go stretching geometry too far, then your maps are going to be stretched and things aren't going to look right. UV swapping would fix that because then we could remap our ogre morph and set the base figure to use those maps.

And that's just two ways I'd like to see Poser improve.

• @AmbientShade That's really not necessarily true. Judicious use of the Poser Morph tool allows one to "correct" morph issue pretty extensively. This image shows what I am referring to. This is an outfit created and rigged for Dawn, then morphed to a "tiny" Dawn named Diva created by Pendraia. I used the morph brush to smooth the resulting crushing in the fit. Even extreme morphs are easier to deal with using Poser's additional tools.

0_1464288350151_MorphBrush.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D Yes, it's much easier to fit clothing to your chosen character morph now than it ever used to be. The point I was making is that if you make a custom character morph for Dawn, then that morph should work "out of the box" with all (or at least most) of Dawn's existing clothing when you apply the new shape to her. At most you may need to go up to the figure menu and press the transfer morphs button for the clothing. Beyond that, and you are asking customers to do work that free software already does for them.

• Poser Ambassadors

I should clarify though, that it is possible to rig a figure in poser so that its clothing functions (mostly) this way, but there are currently no figures that take advantage of it, and the results are still limiting.

• I would love to see something where all Poser vendors could place their stuff for 'window shopping' and then just link to whatever store the content creators are comfortable with. I don't see why this would need to be very complicated. A shopping mall is filled with different stores but you just have to go to that one place. Even a dumb photo gallery app that allows multiple users and hyperlinks would suffice.

• @eternityblue said in Why does nobody in Poserland want my money?:

I would love to see something where all Poser vendors could place their stuff for 'window shopping' and then just link to whatever store the content creators are comfortable with. I don't see why this would need to be very complicated. A shopping mall is filled with different stores but you just have to go to that one place. Even a dumb photo gallery app that allows multiple users and hyperlinks would suffice.

Oh, I would love to see something like this! As long as it was Poser only and we could categorize by figure/prop/etc. Something so that a customer looking for something for Roxie, for instance, could pull up that site, search for Roxie and see the items available at different stores for Roxie - then follow a link to my Roxie product.

As a vendor, I would be willing to pay a "submission fee" to be included in such a catalog to defray the cost of maintaining such a web site.