Creating custom page templates? (trim, bleed)

• I have just been drawing my templates by hand and scanning them in.
    The comic draft settings seem too limiting. Bleed width can only be 3 or 5mm. I can't seem to get it to use inches.

I also tried to drawing my template in CSP but am not sure how to measure the bleed and trim squares.

Suggestions? Probably something I missed in some menu somewhere :-p
    Thanks.

• Go to the Show All Comics Settings (the blue one). There you'll see a button for Units that you can switch to inches.

• @garlam said in Creating custom page templates? (trim, bleed):

Go to the Show All Comics Settings (the blue one). There you'll see a button for Units that you can switch to inches.

When I go to the blue setting for Show All Comics Settings, the template for trim and bleed disappear. Sorry if I was not clear that that was what I was looking for.
    I do not see the button to switch to inches as well.

Only comic and fan zine show a template for bleed and trim, which is what I was looking for. But I need a non standard size for a magazine, and the trim needs to be 6.35mm but only 3mm or 5mm are offered in either selection.

If I have to draw the bleed and trim, how to I measure the lines or box sizes to line it all up? Use a grid or a ruler?

alt text

alt text

alt text

• 0_1484207408530_units.jpg

Put a check in Manga Draft Settings to see the trim and bleeds.

• A blank canvas can be given Crop Marks and Borders by going to View>Crop Marks/Default Border Settings.

The units will match the units of the canvas (the units set at the canvas' creation).

To change units on a canvas that is already set up, go to Edit>Change Image Resolution and change the units then click OK. If you have Crop Marks and Borders set up, then changing the units will remove them and then you have to add them again by going to View>Crop Marks/Default Border Settings.

• Everything worked perfect garlam. I will never hand draw a template again. Now that I have EX things are really coming together.

Sorry about the late response. Made my first template and my tablet wonked out. Got it boxed up and away to wacom with my fingers crossed.