Anyone interested in clothing items for Roxie and Pauline?

• Over the past years I have built a few dozen clothing items for Roxie. Genres between decent and kinky, many based on real life patterns or on existing items.
    I published some as freebies on Renderosity, but there is many more that until now I did not care to prepare for publication.
    The items are all made with Marvelous Designer in versions 2 to 5 and the version reflects the features implemented and the grade of completeness. Stumbling block in disribution was the textures. Where texturing in MD is a breeze; UV maps are completely un-stretched by design so any seamless textur will do, the textures I used for my own work could not be re-distributed for legal reasons.
    The present version, 5.5, has even improved support for texturing. The mapping of the islands to the unit square in UV space is now clearl defined. I also accumulated a small database of distributable textures.
    So, in theory, I could scavenge the pile and produce clothing items for Roxie. With some grading they would work also for Pauline or Jessie also.

So my first question for you is: Would you like to see more items for Roxie, and would you use them. and, if so, do you think Content Paradise would be the right place to publish?

Second: Is there anyone who would like to join in the effort and provide textures to the models? I can provide the MD files and/or the .obj geometry.

• Poser Ambassadors

@F_Verbaas
    I use the Poser dolls (SydneyG2, Roxie, Pauline, etc) and occasionally the pre-split DAZ dolls (A3, V4).

I'd like more clothes for Roxie and Pauline.

I would use them if they are suitable for my habitual scene genres (Lord of the Rings, pixies, Halo, et al).

I could work up asymmetrical seamless tiles. For items which I myself would use, I may make custom-fitted details which I would be willing to share.

• Roxie was always a non-starter for me. She had serious short-comings and not even the heroic efforts of her supporters could fix that in my own workflow.

Pauline is another kettle of fish. I'm finding her useful, and the vendor support seems to (very slowly) be coming on-line.

So my answer is:

Pauline, Yes! Roxie, No!

• Poser Ambassadors

I would love to see more content for any of the Smith Micro figures. Pauline being my personal favorite right now. :)
    To me it does not really matter what figure they are for, I convert things to other figures all the time anyway.
    Content Paradise is where I plan on releasing anything that I do for Poser. I have been asked by others, but I feel that Content Paradise is the best place to do so right now. The more people that do so, the more traffic it will get.

After all traffic is what drives an E-Store, and the more traffic we can generate the better it will be for everyone there.

• Personally, I think Content Paradise is the perfect place to sell Roxie stuff. Her stuff will be ignored at almost any other brokerage and I don't think DAZ will even look at it in the first place since it's not for one of their figures. As a vendor there myself, I think CP is a great store. As a user and customer, my only major complaints are they don't advertise any of their vendors products, and their download policy sucks. Of course, they will work with you easily enough. I did get them to run a banner on the home page for one of my Roxie products when it first came out.

• I would welcome more for Pauline but also never use Roxie. I don't have the technical know-how to help, I'm afraid.

• I would be interested in things for Roxie and Pauline. I would also be willing to help with texture creation.

• Kinky clothes - not so much for me, because I don't know how to do such scenes ! But yes, I do use Smith Micro's figures almost exclusively, besides those I create and rig on my own. So, yup, sure am interested, for all the SM figures.

• Yes, please make some clothing for Roxie and Pauline, but I'm really hoping for sneakers, plain running or walking sneakers, athletic running shoes. None of that 20 inch spike heel crap that plagues the stores.

Would you be willing to make shoes for Alyson2/Anastasia and Miki4 as well? They're desperately needed something to war on their feet. :D

• And while we are at it, can we please not forget Paul?

• clothes for Roxie? Yes
    clothes for Pauline? Noooo.

• My honest answer is, "I don't know". I have worked almost exclusively with V4 since I purchased Poser almost 3 years ago. Currently I am trying to decide whether to continue to use Poser or jump ship to that other software. If I decide to stay with Poser, then I will be adventuring into their figures, moving away from V4, and yes I would need content for Roxie and Pauline.

If I change software, then no.

• Poser Ambassadors

I for one would welcome any offered support, clothing, or content for the native Poser figures (Paul, Pauline, Rex, Roxie, even the older G2 series).

• @mr_phoenyxx Or you could stay with Poser and just use Dawn from Hivewire.

• @eclark1849 said in Anyone interested in clothing items for Roxie and Pauline?:

@mr_phoenyxx Or you could stay with Poser and just use Dawn from Hivewire.

I've heard bad things about Dawn. Mind you that was mostly when it first released, and I am well aware that most of her issues have been fixed. I just haven't tried her yet. Vicki makes me comfortable. :P

I'm also not so sure about Hivewire 3D. They just don't give me that polished, high quality feeling I get from other sites. I absolutely hate their forum.

• @mr_phoenyxx said in Anyone interested in clothing items for Roxie and Pauline?:

@eclark1849 said in Anyone interested in clothing items for Roxie and Pauline?:

@mr_phoenyxx Or you could stay with Poser and just use Dawn from Hivewire.

I've heard bad things about Dawn. Mind you that was mostly when it first released, and I am well aware that most of her issues have been fixed. I just haven't tried her yet. Vicki makes me comfortable. :P

I'm also not so sure about Hivewire 3D. They just don't give me that polished, high quality feeling I get from other sites. I absolutely hate their forum.

Hmm, really? Well, tastes vary. I spend almost all my online time there and here now.

• I would love to see more items made available for any of the Poser figures, but I would settle for Roxie and Pauline. But as someone else said, 'don't forget Paul' and I would add any of the male figures also.

• Thank you all for your positive responses. Good to hear there is interest.
    I have just sent a message to Content Paradise to hear if they are interested in listing the clothing models as 'Merchant Resource'. This would make the models avaialble on a basis similar to the way Pauline and Paul are available. You would be free to download the models and do your thing with them; add textures, rig them, whatever is yout taste or skill and re-distribute. That would be the easiest way of collaboration.

alt text

The image is a recent model I made for Pauline. In the heading of this thread I mentioned Roxie simply because the last years she was my figure of focus so most models were made for her. The Miki figures slip into the Roxie models easily. For Paulie, being somewhat more stocky I need to move a few seams. Dawn and even Scarlet have been on the fitting stand.
    I do not work much with male figures. Female fashion is so much more varied. Male garments I think of making are 19th century liveries. I was absolutely amazed to read how staff was expected to wear different coats depending on the time of the day.
    alt text

That also brings me to styles and genres. Most of what I do is realistic, based on real life clothing patterns. That is what Marvelous Designer is made for. I scan the web for resources of various times and origins so models will usually reflect garments that were stitched together to be actuallly worn at some place on this earth at some moment in time. The garment picured therefore is to some degree subject to the laws of phisics. To me this gives them an added value.
    One of you mentioned Lord of the Rings. If you know someone in a Tolkien re-enactment group who has a suitable pattern for a hobbit cloak, an elf nightgown or a dwarf hood please send it down and I will be happy to give it a try. They can hardly be as weird as real life items can be sometimes. There is plenty variation and space for your creativity.

So, I now wait and see what Content Paradise will come back with.

• @F_Verbaas I don't think that's CP's call. You'd do better talking to Charles (nerd).

• @eclark1849
    Well, I followed the link 'Interested in Selling Content' on CP which brought me to the Smith Micro Sales & Partners page with the recommendation to contact them, an a form below to do just that.
    I would expect that should do it.