Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.

• @markb said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

At least it gives the artist the chance to make decisions on the fly and it's a lot more reliable than guessing at new angles or doing the ellipse angle thing.

For anyone wondering what all this is about and why it matters:

You can't just put vanishing points down anywhere you want and expect your scene to look right. I've seen some awkward looking perspectives because the artist laid down VPs using the perspective ruler and just went at the scene without considering the angles.

In a one point perspective the viewer is looking at the VP directly, at a 90° angle. As you move an object so that two sides come into view, two VPs split the 90°. So if one VP is at x° the second VP is 90°-x°. Throw a second object into the scene that's turned a different way and it's the same thing, a new x° and 90°-x°. The Perspective ruler doesn't give you that kind of precision and you end up having to guess.

Pulling the Perspective Ruler from a 3D layer is the only way I've found that gives you the proper angles (aside from doing some very complicated planning).

• Choosing fonts is an exquisite torture in CSP .
    It should be easy to cycle through fonts without clicking here there everywhere , with so many windows opening and closing.
    PLEASE , PLEASE change the way fonts are selected!

• @yogg said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

Choosing fonts is an exquisite torture in CSP .
    It should be easy to cycle through fonts without clicking here there everywhere , with so many windows opening and closing.
    PLEASE , PLEASE change the33 way fonts are selected!

To cycle through fonts...try this..... select your text and then ( with a mouse) move the cursor over the Font selection box ( e.g. in the tool property palette)....don't click on it just hover and then roll the mouse centre wheel ... it will instantly cycle through each of your fonts changing the selected text as it goes. I wish I could fathom a way of also doing that with a pen drag... but I can use it with a pen and use on of the wacom touchstrips set to scroll and this works too.

• @888toto
    Hey thanks 888toto, right, the mouse. What the? That's super weird and annoying.
    I guess software dev's are mouse and keyboard people, that's why the pen operations are so rarely considered.
    I think they should force dev's to use the pen in apps which are predominantly pen operated, so thy get to understand the priorities.
    Thanks again

• @yogg Actually I always thought pens should have scroll wheels on them... that would fix a lot of issues and allow for boundless possibilities.

• Being able to paint tileable textures would be really nice for those of us creating hand painted textures for 3D art. I know you can sort of do it by constantly defining a new pattern and then dragging the pattern you just defined back onto the canvas in a different position, but I feel this is a lot of unnecessary steps. You have to do this a lot of times as you tweak your texture to get rid of repeating artifacts.

Something like Photoshop's Offset filter would be nice. Also a checkbox that would turn the gutter area around your image into a repeating pattern of your image would help a lot in 'previewing' what the image would look like when it's tiled.

• @kitfox
    Yes tileable should be easy, like in paint storm where there is a simple toggle for it at the top toolbar.

• @kitfox Couple of things that might help you...

1. if you use the Convert Layer function to change a raster layer to an image material layer then if you pick the object tool you can set the image to tile. You could set that up on an Action that first copied your image so that you could get an instant preview.
    2. I did succeed in creating an action to automatically make a tiled image of your picture which does not have visible tiled edges. There is a special material shape that you pull into your layers and then run the action. I included it in the set of actions and brushes at https://sellfy.com/p/2g7Q/

• At the moment the font picker drop down is rather slow to scroll through if you have expanded it so that you can see 40 or so fonts at the same time. I suspect that is because the Clip Studio UI is loading and rendering every font visible every time it redraws this window. It would be much faster and smoother if instead Clip Studio only rendered this text once and cached the result in a bitmap. That way users could scroll through hundreds of installed fonts without any lag.

• I'm trying my hand at animation. But I'm having some trouble with animation LOOPS.

alt text

Because when I'm on the last frame, the Onion Skin feature doesn't apply to the FIRST frame. I would very much like for the onion skin to consider the FIRST frame to be the "NEXT" frame, when I'm making an animation loop.

alt text

Seems like it would be a pretty simple fix.

And again, are any of the devs actually reading these...? Do the suggestions get passed on?

• Any thoughts on adding a "Cone of Vision" HUD plus the degrees on the diagonal vanishing point controls.

It would elevate the perspective ruler utility for users who are not perspective experts. Eye balling distortions with the grid is next to impossible when using all three grids.

• Dynamic cursors

Hi,

first of all CSP is an awesome drawing tool. I like it very much the only things I'm not 100% satisfied are the cursors.
    I miss a pressure sensitive dynamic cursor choice from the list of cursors.
    As I imagine this cursor there will be a thin outline for the current selected maximum size plus a small point in the middle (can be optional)
    and in between these two there will be a dynamic circle which size changes constantly by the actual pressure of the pen.
    Maybe a dynamic opacity indicator would be also nice.
    Thank you.

• @CreativeRaul said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

Any thoughts on adding a "Cone of Vision" HUD plus the degrees on the diagonal vanishing point controls.

It would elevate the perspective ruler utility for users who are not perspective experts. Eye balling distortions with the grid is next to impossible when using all three grids.

This would be great. Eliminate a lot of guesswork.

Also, CURVILINEAR perspective would be great too.

• @CreativeRaul
    I'm not sure I get that. Do you mean a panoramic grid like this? Or something else?
    0_1519357907788_Panorama.png
    A curvilinear grid would be really great too.

• @yogg said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

@CreativeRaul
    I'm not sure I get that. Do you mean a panoramic grid like this? Or something else?
    0_1519357907788_Panorama.png
    A curvilinear grid would be really great too.

Yogg, that would be a cool option but more accuracy within the existing perspective ruler would be an added value.

The current tool has its short comings like the grid which doesn't align in scale. Make the alignment of cross grid lines frustrating. The ability to create an accurate grid is very time consuming and tricky to master with the existing setup. Knowing what your cone of vision is for a novice with the ruler is just not possible. The tool is useful but it lacks the ease to make it powerful in the area it was meant to be applicable.

• @CreativeRaul
    Sorry , I should have been clearer.
    In the context of your request.
    What do you mean by cone of vision?
    Do you mean that when you see a top view of your scene(for example) you get a visible frame guide?
    Can you upload an image of what you expect to see in the interface or something similar from another app?

• @yogg The cone of vision is 60 degrees, 30 degrees to the left and 30 to the right of center. It's the natural field of view. Anything drawn outside of the the cone of vision is distorted. A rookie mistake is to attempt to draw a scene that includes areas outside of the cone. To avoid this mistake in CSP I find it easiest to put a cube on a 3D layer and use the perspective rulers from that layer.

As for curvilinear guides, Doug Hills has made 4 and 5 point perspective grids available for purchase on his website. They're pretty good.

Regarding grids in perspective: the grids can be moved. There's a handle that allows you to move them and of course the grids are resizeable.

• @garlam
    Oh I see.... It's panning the picture plane peripherally, but not turning the camera !
    People actually do that?

• Lazy Nezumi is an app that works with drawing programs to help improve your line quality. It has other features like perspective rulers and they offer more advanced options to help you get a correct perspective set up including the cone of vision. Unfortunately, it can't be scaled with the canvas. But it could be set up then traced with the CSP perspective ruler to give you scaling

• @yogg and @CreativeRaul

So here's an example of that app (Lazy Nezumi) that does Cone of Vision and much more.

0_1519646234858_LZP.jpg

In Lazy Nezumi, cone of vision is called Field of View. As long as your panel is in the Field of View, you won't have issues with distortions. You can also keep the angles of the vanishing points exactly how you need them (Line 1 and 2 Angle). Unfortunately, the app won't scale this ruler as you zoom in and out of the canvas. But lay down a few lines and you can set up the perspective ruler in CSP.

0_1519646601335_perspective.jpg

It would be nice if CSP employed some of these features but ....

As for the grids. Use the Object tool to select the Perspective ruler and turn on the grids. Zoom out until you see the grid handle and pull it to the spot you need it.

0_1519647570618_grids.jpg

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.