Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.

• @yogg The cone of vision is 60 degrees, 30 degrees to the left and 30 to the right of center. It's the natural field of view. Anything drawn outside of the the cone of vision is distorted. A rookie mistake is to attempt to draw a scene that includes areas outside of the cone. To avoid this mistake in CSP I find it easiest to put a cube on a 3D layer and use the perspective rulers from that layer.

As for curvilinear guides, Doug Hills has made 4 and 5 point perspective grids available for purchase on his website. They're pretty good.

Regarding grids in perspective: the grids can be moved. There's a handle that allows you to move them and of course the grids are resizeable.

• @garlam
    Oh I see.... It's panning the picture plane peripherally, but not turning the camera !
    People actually do that?

• Lazy Nezumi is an app that works with drawing programs to help improve your line quality. It has other features like perspective rulers and they offer more advanced options to help you get a correct perspective set up including the cone of vision. Unfortunately, it can't be scaled with the canvas. But it could be set up then traced with the CSP perspective ruler to give you scaling

• @yogg and @CreativeRaul

So here's an example of that app (Lazy Nezumi) that does Cone of Vision and much more.

0_1519646234858_LZP.jpg

In Lazy Nezumi, cone of vision is called Field of View. As long as your panel is in the Field of View, you won't have issues with distortions. You can also keep the angles of the vanishing points exactly how you need them (Line 1 and 2 Angle). Unfortunately, the app won't scale this ruler as you zoom in and out of the canvas. But lay down a few lines and you can set up the perspective ruler in CSP.

0_1519646601335_perspective.jpg

It would be nice if CSP employed some of these features but ....

As for the grids. Use the Object tool to select the Perspective ruler and turn on the grids. Zoom out until you see the grid handle and pull it to the spot you need it.

0_1519647570618_grids.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• @garlam Using the 3D cube and tracing someone else guide is a hack for when the tool you've paid to use isn't living up to it's purpose. I know you can move, scale and reposition the grid and position the guides with handles. I've spent a week reading the manual and watching the limited selection of video's explaining the use of one of the most powerful features in CSP.

But if the purpose of the grid is to lay down lines than get that function to its point of purpose. Where the function correctly works in laying down lines that are aligned to an aligned grid that follows the rules of prospective. Get a Cone of Vision so a user can make whatever perspective they like without the limitations of tracing from someone else's limited grid. Get some degree HUD so the user knows what they're aiming for.

Otherwise it's a grid to give an expert the ball park sense they are heading in the right direction.

I mean isn't the whole point of this threat to discuss suggestions and enhancements not hacks and work arounds. These tools have a function and they should get as close to the purpose of that function.

Your "Lazy Nezumi" is a great example. Great tool but I would pay to get that into CSP if it saves me time from learning another program and tracing it over to CSP. The whole reason I use CSP over Adobe products is because it saves me time. I have three programs in one (photoshop, indesign, illustrator) .

If another program came along that had photoshop, illustrator, Indesign and Lazy Nezumi for the quarter of the price. You'll know where to find me. Why because it's saving me time.

The suggestions are value adding to CSP. It can easily corner the market for illustrators in comics and storyboarding if it stays on it's A game.

• Suggested enhancement for the frame boarder tool for making comic frames. Dimension controls and point alignment to guides or selecting multiple points and aligning them. Illustrator has these capabilities.

Would be very helpful.

• I don't know if anyone has suggested this but the existing user experience for the correction stabilization and post correction control boxes are cumbersome. Having to stop and input the number amount for correction or stabilization. It would be smoother to just slide to the amount with the stylus with a slide control like the one used with font controls for example.

• @CreativeRaul You can change it to a slider by right clicking on the arrows by the number.

• I don't know if someone already asked this,
    How about add vector file export (AI, EPS, PDF, CDR)?
    Would be very useful for making logo since Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw Graphic Suite is pretty expensive to purchase... (Going to make some logo design on some site like 99designs and since 99designs subscription is only AI and EPS vector file extension.)
    Thank you.

• @rynakara27 If your goal is to put your work on 99design then it's probably a waste of time waiting for CSP to start dabbling in AI and EPS formats. I don't think it's going to happen. For a cheap alternative to Illustrator check out Affinity Design.

• @rynakara27 I agree with Garlam that AI and EPS are never going to happen.. or if they do then they will not work properly. The reason is that CSP Vectors are their own special type of vector. To see this ...create a very small canvas and draw a big line on a vector layer using a complex brush ( not based on a circle). Because of the small canvas it will probably look very pixelated. Now if you increase the resolution of the canvas by twenty fold that same line will no longer look pixelated.....It does this by re-drawing the line from its vector points using its native information about that brush. This makes a very powerful, clever, vectorl line ... but its not a type of line that can be supported by any other format other than CSP's own.

• @rynakara27 But if you really want it as an EPS ( and don't mind that within that, the vector image is actually hidden in the EPS as an embedded bit map) then you can use a free app like BULLZIP printer driver.... and in CSP print the image to the bullzip printer. Although that claims to be a PDF printer it will print to many file formats including EPS.

• Having recently been lettering a comic book project within CSP. I've come across a few major short comings with the interface for controlling and adjusting the dialog box and the text within it.

It's been difficult to maneuver between text and dialog boxes for adjustment of either one. The UI tents to miss or misinterpret my desired intentions. The balloon controls would be more powerful if they reflected the control handles in illustrator for example. So one can achieve certain effects.

The option to double click with the text tool to select all the text would be epic. Cant seem to do that.

• @CreativeRaul
    CSP is weak when it comes to fonts.

I find I still have to run a copy of Photoshop to get work done.

There are bug work-arounds and plenty of helpful commenters offering patronizing "you're just not doing it right" platitudes, but the truth is, CSP needs some serious attention to bring it up to professional speed when it comes to font work.

We do not yet live in the day when one program can do it all.

Good luck getting any attention from the programming teams. I think they might actively ignore feature requests. I've had a couple of very simple ones hung out there for years.

• One thing that bothers me is the "Circle" cursor. It is larger than the actual area that is being painted. If the boundaries were the same as the painting area, it would be a lot more helpful.

• @gregg2g I believe the circle cursor represents the largest size of the brush. If you were using a pressure sensitive tablet to paint then pressing 10% of full pressure would give you a painted dot 10% the size of the circle. It doesn't make much sense to have a circle that grows and shrinks as you press on the tablet since the painted dot itself represents the amount of pressure on the tablet. If the circle bugs you, you can change to a small dot in the Preferences menu.

• @garlam Thank you for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but other programs, like Photoshop, don't have that problem. I would rather have the circle smaller than the area painting. Using a dot is fine, but hard to see against a background sometimes.

• @gregg2g said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

@garlam Thank you for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but other programs, like Photoshop, don't have that problem. I would rather have the circle smaller than the area painting. Using a dot is fine, but hard to see against a background sometimes.

That's odd... because to me Photoshop and Affinity round cursors work exactly the same as CSP... and show as a constant size equivalent to the maximum size..... However while a Photoshop brush will have a linear relationship between pressure and size... most commonly CSP brushes will have a deliberately shaped concave curve exponential pressure/size relationship that better matches the actual behaviour of brushes.... what this means is that at ordinary and low pressures it is much , much smaller line than at high pressures. Therefore the overly sized cursor will appear exaggeratedly large compared to brushes that have a linear relationship.

Another thing I have seen requested often is that odd shaped brushes should have the same shaped odd cursor as the brush. In theory this sounds like a good idea, and I was sold on it until I actually tried it in Photoshop and Affinity Photo. As that cursor does NOT change with the size, width and direction dynamics of the brush then actually I personally find it useless and distracting.... and again , because of the concave pressure/size relationship in most CSP brushes that distraction would be even worse in CSP
    What might be a more practical solution for CSP would be if there was a brush setting where you could set the cursor to be a set percentage of the maximum size of the brush.... so that in concave ( Gpen like) brushes you would probably set it to around 35%.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.