Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.

• Thank's @postma for the info.

• It would be extremely useful for my workflow if there was a repeat method stroke setting that allowed random brush tips to be selected for a full stroke. For instance, say you had four different brush tips in your brush shape it would randomly oscillate between these four for the duration of each new stroke. This would be useful for instance when simulating a more organ traditional brush so the marks are less repetitive.

• @megalosaurus ... You can assign a number of tips to a brush ...then on the Stroke tab of the sub tool detail you go to the " repeat Method" and select Random .... or is that not what you want ?

• @888toto said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

@megalosaurus ... You can assign a number of tips to a brush ...then on the Stroke tab of the sub tool detail you go to the " repeat Method" and select Random .... or is that not what you want ?

No. The random repeat method includes all brush tips in every stroke, where as I want a single random brush tip in every new stroke. I could create multiple brushes to switch between but that wouldn’t allow for spontaneous and quick painting. Hope that makes sense.

• On more thing. The rate of firing particles with the spraying effect is painfully slow when the particles are small. It would be extremely useful if this could be adjusted which would allow you to replicate a traditional airbrush effect and feel for instance.

• @megalosaurus said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

On more thing. The rate of firing particles with the spraying effect is painfully slow when the particles are small. It would be extremely useful if this could be adjusted which would allow you to replicate a traditional airbrush effect and feel for instance.

To increase your flow rate on the spray...try this... go to Spray settings and set particle density to maximum...then go into its extra particle density settings and set it to TILT with a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 500. set the tilt graph to a straight line across the top .... now your particle density will be increased by 500%

@megalosaurus said in Suggestions, Enhancements, etc.:

On more thing. The rate of firing particles with the spraying effect is painfully slow when the particles are small. It would be extremely useful if this could be adjusted which would allow you to replicate a traditional airbrush effect and feel for instance.

To increase your flow rate on the spray...try this... go to Spray settings and set particle density to maximum...then go into its extra particle density settings and set it to TILT with a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 500. set the tilt graph to a straight line across the top .... now your particle density will be increased by 500%

Thanks, but I don't understand how or where I can set maximum tilt to 500?

• Sub tool detail palette... on the Spraying Effect tab is a setting called "Particle Density"... to the right of that is a small rectangular icon.... click that and you will see the pressure and tilt settings . If you click to switch on the TILT setting then you can set minimum and maximum values.

PS... you can also sort of create that brush that uses a differrent tip each time (randomly).... but you have to create the strokes as long ribbon strokes in order for it to work.... not sure why you would want that but thats the closest you can get.

Sub tool detail palette... on the Spraying Effect tab is a setting called "Particle Density"... to the right of that is a small rectangular icon.... click that and you will see the pressure and tilt settings . If you click to switch on the TILT setting then you can set minimum and maximum values.

PS... you can also sort of create that brush that uses a differrent tip each time (randomly).... but you have to create the strokes as long ribbon strokes in order for it to work.... not sure why you would want that but thats the closest you can get.

Thanks, I get it now and it works exactly like I wanted it to. You're a genius!

Yeah I have tried the ribbon method before but it doesn't work for what I'm after. Say you have a round brush tip shape that consists of dots to simulate a bristle brush. Even if you have an art pen like I do and can use rotation, each stroke will end up looking very similar. If I would make say four or five different brush tips that were similar but different and those brush tips would be selected randomly for each stroke that would simulate the organic look of physical brush strokes where no stroke is truly alike the other. I have developed some work arounds but it would be a really cool feature. My dream would be if CSP would eventually incorporate a similar brush engine to the software Expresii which produces amazingly beautiful and realistic brush marks. I don't count on it, but it would be amazing.

• @megalosaurus I find you can get a bristle brush with plenty of variation if the tip dots are of varied densities and sizes and spread unevenly across thetip shape AND the Brush tip "Direction" setting is set to " direction of pen" ... again by clicking the little icon to the right of the Direction setting.( wise to also slightly blur the dots and set the gap setting to a small gap). However for a brushed look I rarely use bristle brushes digitally ( in any program). While the brush can give a stroke that looks like a bristle brush its effect gets lost in a complete painting. I find you get better results, more control and faster workflow by first painting with simple brushes, fills and gradients and then using a bristle style BLENDER at the end. I also created a thick paint simulating brush ( Van Gough style)... which is applied in overlay mode again at the end.
    Or for an instant solution I may use one of my 60 artistic filter Actions....e.g. I have ones that divide the image into zones and then "brushes" the zones in different directions

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.