Easypose for wires

• Is easypose still the method of choice for configuring wires and ropes for third party use, and and if not, what's now the method of choice? Is there a tool to simplify configuration of saif wires? Thanks in advance.

• As far as I know, Easypose is the "go to" choice for quick rigging of wire/rope/"chain-like" meshes. Of course, they can be rigged from within Poser, itself. There are also some scripts that can help with that: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage/looper/loopy.html

I haven't used the scripts focused on rigging chains and such, but I've used MrLooper for funsies and it works great in P11. True, it simply creates geometry, so isn't as likely to be orphaned as something that deals with more complex Poser script functions.

PS - I think the scripts there are specific for "chain" figures, since I think they create the chain links, then populate and rig them. But, there might be some help there for quickly adding bones to properly grouped "rope" geometry. I don't know if Poser has incorporated any new rigging tools for automagically adding rigging for repeating group figures.

• Poser Ambassadors

PhilC has a commercial tool called All Tied Up ...

• Thank you guys!

• @caisson said in Easypose for wires:

Thanks for that link because I looked recently for the old Easypose product, and as best as I can tell, it is no longer available.

• @RobZhena said in Easypose for wires:

@caisson said in Easypose for wires:

Thanks for that link because I looked recently for the old Easypose product, and as best as I can tell, it is no longer available.

Tried tracking it down. It was moving to version 2 and moved to RDNA. It doesn't seem to have made the transition to DAZ's marketplace. There are various locations one can get the free trial version, which I think has a limited number of trial uses. (Various software sites, completely legit "freeware/trialware" sites, as well as several links found posted by the author on various websites.) As always, only download any software, even freeware/trialware, from trusted sources and virus-scan them very well, just in case. :) But, to sum: There was a legitimate freeware, limited use, version, and its still available.