Just Wondering, Is this possible?

• Okay, I know this might be a long shot but I hope one of you vets might have the answer. Do you think its possible to pose in another program (like Daz Studio) and export to Poser 11 to use its render engine? I really love Posers render engine (both Firefly and Superfly)and it would be nice to have this option if I so choose.

One reason I'm asking is I lost about 6 hours in work on a scene due to a weird crash in Studio, which corrupted my save file too. I was plenty pissed and I considered dropping G3 and going to Poser full time, however, I was considering a happy medium. I don't have a ton of V4 stuff to warrant that, nor do I have a lot of G3 items to rule it out.

Thanks in advance for any info. You guys have been great helping me out thus far!

• Why not? I already posted this - Finley HD for G3 in Superfly.
    0_1486045587767_Simple Girl_phd3d.jpg

Main points:
    most stable options for export is objs
    to export in needed resolution to activate HD morphs you should set it in preview, not in render
    you will need make all shaders from scratch (only main maps will transfer)
    you will need redo lighting

• @phdubrov said in Just Wondering, Is this possible?:

Why not? I already posted this - Finley HD for G3 in Superfly.
    0_1486045587767_Simple Girl_phd3d.jpg

Main points:
    most stable options for export is objs
    to export in needed resolution to activate HD morphs you should set it in preview, not in render
    you will need make all shaders from scratch (only main maps will transfer)
    you will need redo lighting

Thanks! The only problem I can see me having is the shaders. I'm having a tough time figuring them out and what to connect them to for a desired effect.

• Grab Ezskin3 by SnarlyGribbly, its a free python script. If your figure has maps already run the ezskin script and it will apply shaders for SF or FF. It has preset definitions for a number of figures, and if g3 isn't included it is super easy to make your own. I use ezskin all the time to make character skins render better in SuperFly.

LM

• @Lyrra said in Just Wondering, Is this possible?:

Grab Ezskin3 by SnarlyGribbly, its a free python script. If your figure has maps already run the ezskin script and it will apply shaders for SF or FF. It has preset definitions for a number of figures, and if g3 isn't included it is super easy to make your own. I use ezskin all the time to make character skins render better in SuperFly.

LM

Thanks Lyrra! I have Ezskin3 so Ill give that a try. I have yet to really tinker with its inner workings and guess I'm going to have to take the plunge. I know since my G3 scenes are imported in obj format Ezskin3 doesn't detect it. I'm sure there is a way around that though.