RDNA Forums are gone. :(

• @AmbientShade
    Sturgeons Law applies everywhere.

• Poser Ambassadors

@jura11 Did Stonemason ever published over RDNA? I don't think so. RDNA vendors was mostly Poser user. This is why just a handful published for DS. Had nothing to do with any conspiracy theories. Please don't forget, RDNA was a small shop after all. They try to support their vendors in any way they could. Why they close , this is only speculations and should stay in the background.

• @Miss-B

Yes, my comments were not to suggest any complicity with Rendo or any staff, just that their security measures aren't great. The problem for me has been that the first time it happened (the credit card issue) Paypal locked the card and refused to let me use it again. I had to get another card entirely (not attached to the first, so a reissue was not accepted by Paypal). In Australia, getting a new credit card isn't easy when you are on a low income, so I have had no choice but to risk the credit card on Rendo purchases as Paypal is no longer an option (and a reason I'll never use them again). 2 lots of purchases at Rendo, both leading to CC details being stolen. My reluctance to buy from Rendo does hurt the vendors (and denies me access to products) but it is entirely within Rendo's control to manage purchaser financial security.

• I have no problem buy anything from Rendo or DAZ for that matter. I don't buy much from DAZ anymore simply because most of what they sell is geared for use with either V4 or Genesis. I rarely buy anything for V4 these days and never for Genesis, so most of my purchases are confined to merchant resources, props and scenes, and hairs, preferably for Dawn.

• I think it’s all about content, if there isn’t content to sell, your store will be closed also the forums! unfortunately the most top vendors went to daz and produce daz only content, you can make it useable in poser like scenery objects ,Genesis 3 and a lot of Genesis 2 stuff but you have sometimes to tweak the files. But the most users don’t like to tweak stuff they bought, they just like to download and use it, so they changed to daz. I personal didn’t buy poser 11 for the same reason (if I read I had to tweak Genesis 2 because of the jaw misalignment, Poser 11 was off the table, I still use poser 2014 pro for that reason)

• Poser Ambassadors

@wfbp1w Yep, content. But to be honest, Poser user put their selves in this misery. Each time when a new character was on the horizon, the first comments just bitching about how ugly this looks, how ugly that.
    Lost in technical details which the vendor don't respect. Meanwhile the caravan moves forward and left them behind.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna
    Mixed feelings here my dear.

I only heard good things about "My Michelle", about SuzyQ, about Star, and there are certainly more that I forget right now..

But even these "stopped" for some reason or another.

Perhaps, just perhaps?
    We have too many figures while others concentrate their marketing machines on their flagships?

• DAZ goes full bore on their latest creations for 2-3 years. Then goes full bore on the next one?
    • Hivewire concentrates on DAWN/DUSK.

This "marketing concentration" is what makes these so particularly popular.

SM focuses on the app, and the newer figures are seen as by-products to show off the possibilities of the newer versions? Also : They have very little time because they are building the figures alongside the apps innovations.

Individual creators outcome depends mostly ont heir beta-test team.
    If you have a competent beta test team to iron out the tech?
    There will be very few surprises at release.

• @Ladonna said in RDNA Forums are gone. :(:

@wfbp1w Yep, content. But to be honest, Poser user put their selves in this misery. Each time when a new character was on the horizon, the first comments just bitching about how ugly this looks, how ugly that.
    Lost in technical details which the vendor don't respect. Meanwhile the caravan moves forward and left them behind.

Oh, I don't know. I've often heard how ugly V4's default base is, not to mention how many people detest that "god awful" purple underwear. And when V4 first came out there were the usual complaints about how she couldn't wear V3's clothes. Same stuff that's going on now. So every version of Victoria X since has had one thing that no other figure has going for it. They could all wear V4's clothes until new clothes were made to fit the new model. And we're not just talking clothes. There is hair, morphs, characters, skins. Even if a new figure came to the market with all of that already in place, that's still a huge financial investment to have to put up all at once for a figure that no one knows is even going to catch on.

• @Ladonna Ahhh, but you should notice a lot of those vendors are now leaving DAZ. Too many "cooks" and not enough customers. There's just no way all those vendors can successfully "share" existing customers.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849
    I fear you are right Earl.

At release V4 was in the same corner.
    But the "marketing machine" pulled her through that period.

That's why I have been saying for some time now: To become a flagship? You need a unconditional company support.

• @eclark1849 See, THIS is why we keep spinning in the Poser community.

We keep repeating falsehoods like they are written in stone.

Sorry, Earl, but the "Genesis can wear all V4's stuff" is a myth. Even with the first ever Genesis, nothing from V4 could be worn by it without adjustments their customers weren't willing to make. And, each successive Genesis has been even worse. Users can't even go from V4 to Genesis3.

DAZ's Autofit has NEVER been any better than Poser's Fitting Room.

So, please, stop repeating this myth.

• @Glitterati3D Well, I didn't say it was a perfect fit, Traci. Yes, some fiddling around was needed. Even to the point of where Genesis had to be "split" into male and female halves again, (which I personally found amusing, considering that was one of the big reason's for moving to the "mesh that could be anything and everything". Point was though that V4 morphs were put into the clothing later to ease the move from V4 to Genesis. I remember when the same pitch was made for Aiko 4, and Stephanie 4. I never could get any of that stuff to fit V4 right.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Littlefox characters are a different matter. They are Toony , cute. Sells always good. Michele, hmmm; I remember when Tate was telling in the forums, after she get released and he look over Rendero, that it was like a kick in his eggs.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D Maybe, maybe some vendors just want to create for Poser and DAZ is not really the market for this.

• @profotograf said in RDNA Forums are gone. :(:

Thank you very much for weighing in on the matter and telling us PoserAddict's story!

Daz3D discovered many merchants at PoserAddicts who were skilled in DS and asked them to come on board at Daz3D which resulted in many of the best merchants at PoserAddicts who got their starts there to pull their entire stores out, including freebies and go exclusively to Daz3D. It was disheartening, although also a compliment to us that we paved the way for great merchants in the Industry, but our store lost many great people.

Did DAZ headhunt your vendors? ie: They contacted them directly? I know they're not "your" vendors, but the process of headhunting is the same, regardless, as well as the results.

... And so I'm now redirecting my efforts to Daz3D and my upcoming new Male-Themed Product Store: MPE3D.

Sorry to hear of your woes. But, even in the best of times, not everyone gets into the "inner circles" of everything. It could have just been an oversight or a limited alpha/beta test. With the turnover you mention, it could have even been due to that - "The guy who answers alpha/beta contact requests left..." :)

• @Ladonna said in RDNA Forums are gone. :(:

@jura11 Did Stonemason ever published over RDNA? I don't think so. RDNA vendors was mostly Poser user. This is why just a handful published for DS. Had nothing to do with any conspiracy theories. Please don't forget, RDNA was a small shop after all. They try to support their vendors in any way they could. Why they close , this is only speculations and should stay in the background.

@Ladonna

I never claimed again Stonemason has published on RDNA and I said only is my favorite vendor with Aery Soul

Agree most of the RDNA vendors has been Poser users and maybe there has been problem or cause of demise of RDNA

Conspiracy theories, there always will be, until someone will clear that for once

Yes agree, RDNA has been small shop although very good

Why they close, hopefully maybe in future we will know this, but for right now we always will be speculating

When I heard that first time I have been very disappointed and wish forum at least stayed with us for longer

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @eclark1849 And that's the whole point, Earl. We Poser users keep repeating the DAZ marketing hype like it's realistic.

And it's always been nothing more than marketing hype.

• @morkonan DAZ headhunts all vendors from every location. Been there, done that, said no.

• @Ladonna I understand, Ladonna. It's not like WE (the vendors) are being given much choice in the matter, though. DAZ makes it harder and harder every day.

• @Glitterati3D said in RDNA Forums are gone. :(:

@morkonan It's not like there's anything at the DAZ store for Poser users, so I'm not sure why we'd even discuss them.

I bought something there just yesterday or so - PoseRepair. :) And, I picked up what freebies were there for Poser, as well. Not long ago, I bought a couple of hair models, since I hate modeling hair, and a outdoor seen with buildings, since I don't do much in the way of inorganics. (Going to be working on that, though.)

Basically, here's what I do: I never buy anything unless it's on sale for a deep discount. Why? Because DAZ uses the "J.C.Penny" marketing method, meaning that "discounts" and "sales" are what drives purchases, not their list price or high-profile. When I come across something interesting that I don't already have, I keep an eye out for it when it's on a heavy sale.

However, they've started doubling up, recently, and getting too "tricky." For their frequent sales, they require a purchase of a new release, and you can not get any discount for the rest of the sale items on that particular sale unless you buy a new release product. Those are always only for DS. They still have the other sorts of deep sales, but they more frequently have the "Buy DS Product For The Win" sorts of sales.

Frankly, except for some deeply discounted old, old, old, still made for Poser items, I haven't shopped at DAZ in years.

There's been new Poser products introduced since then. I'm not driving anyone to buy there, just saying that some Poser products still get hosted there, from time to time. Not many, for sure, but once-in-awhile a new one will pop up.

And, it wasn't ONE hack, it was 3 hacks. And Renderosity denied they were the source for MONTHS all the while replacement cards were getting hacked the day they were used there.

My memory is a bit refreshed, now, I think. IIRC, it was a "man in the middle" attack. The communication between Rendo and the third-party processor was intercepted. IIRC, what they described sounded like a case of both parties not working closely together to ensure security and they let things lapse. Further, IIRC, only certain types of transactions were susceptible to this. For instance, at the time, I had just done a transaction with them for some textures, IIRC, that week. I was not effected.