Missing figures / mats from queue render

• Hi,

I've had a couple of instances where when I sent a CPU superfly render to the queue (running on local machine) the output was completely missing one of the figues (in 1 a left shoe and the other V4) also one of the mats was completely wrong. I'm on the latest SR. Anybody else having troubles with the queue manager?

Amanda

• @amethystpendant said in Missing figures / mats from queue render:

Hi,

I've had a couple of instances where when I sent a CPU superfly render to the queue (running on local machine) the output was completely missing one of the figues (in 1 a left shoe and the other V4) also one of the mats was completely wrong. I'm on the latest SR. Anybody else having troubles with the queue manager?

Amanda

I have little experience with it. But, from experience in other situations, if Poser is really struggling with a very large scene or a lot of tasks during rendering, it can drop textures/mats. I haven't seen it drop geometry, but I suppose it could.

Was this during a series of renders in the que or just one? Were they all in the same scene or different ones? Make sure Poser has permissions to access any remote runtimes you're using and that the Que manager can, as well. (I think it runs as a separate process. Not sure, so check when it's running in your Task Manager. You may need to give that process special permissions, though it'd be nice if it inherited those directly from Poser. Not all separate processes do, of course.)

• Poser Ambassadors

I use Queue a lot, including distributing frames of quite "resource heavy" scenes to multiple remotes (slave computers) over a network, without problem. So, Queue is definitely capable of doing this. We need to try to figure out where the point of failure is.

• What version of Poser Pro?

• What OS?

• How much RAM?

• Are the scene items in separate runtimes? If so, where? (on OS disk? on secondary internal HD? on external HD?)

• Was the left shoe part of a both-shoes figure, or a separate figure, or a prop?

• Regarding the "wrong" mat: Might be image map(s) failed to transfer. Try running the Queued render again and look for image maps in *C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp*; there should a Queue Manager folder appear when Queue is active. The Queue log in that folder would also be helpful. Copy all of it to a storage folder. It disappears when you exit Queue.

• Poser Ambassadors

I have run into this, and it seems it is related to the cache.
    Seems to be very random as well.

If I force Poser to reload the textures after it does that, it clears it up.
    it is so random for me, that I have no idea what could cause it.

• @shvrdavid Yes totally random, I have larger scenes that work fine and even the same scene will work. I REALLY should have mentioned this is in SuperFly renderer. I have 32gb of memory and all runtimes are on local drives and the app is running with effective admin rights. The missing shoe was a separate figure.

What we could really do with is a viewer for the queue so at least we could see if there were issues before waiting 2 hours for the renderer to complete.

Amanda