Can't select two objects

• I try to merge two frames but selecting two objects doesn't work. I hold SHIFT key and click them but it works the same as without SHIFT even though there is "select additionally" set for SHIFT key in Modifier Key Settings. I can only select one object at a time.

• Actually it doesn't work the same with SHIFT as without, rather it won't select at all when I hold it.

• You've divided the Frame Folder. You won't be able to select objects from two different layers.

• When I "Divide frame border equally" no matter if I choose Duplicate Layer, Create empty folder or Not change I still can't select more than one. What am I doing wrong?
    I want to create a frame template divided with gutters in all places that I could possibly want on my pages (kind of a net) and then merge some of them as I need.

• OK, It works.
    For me selecting two objects doesn't work while clicking on the page as I've seen on Youtube video but it works on the layer menu.
    But could anyone explain the differences and pros and cons of each 3 options when dividing and each 3 options when combining?

Divide frame border equally:

• Duplicate Layer
    • Create empty folder(B)
    • Not change

Combine frames:

• Combine border(F)
    • Combine only folder
    • Create common folder

• Do you have everything selected in the Selectable Objects option?

0_1486924198025_selectable.jpg

• Yes, everything is checked.

• @piotreque

Duplicate Layer will create folders for each divided frame and within the folders, all of the layers that you created before dividing will be present.

Create Empty Folder will divide the frame and leave the folder empty.

Not Change will divide the frame on one layer.

Pros and cons are subjective I think. It depends on how you prefer to organize your work. There are really just two organizational methods though. A frame Folder for each panel or one Frame folder for all the panels.

Combine Border combines the selected frames (which also combines the folders).

Combine only Folder will combine the folders but not the frames.

Create Common Folder will create a folder with the mask intact but no stroke for the panels.

The differences are organizational again. Do you prefer to work on the page, all panels, in one folder, or do you prefer to work on each panel in separate folders?

• @piotreque said in Can't select two objects:

When I "Divide frame border equally" no matter if I choose Duplicate Layer, Create empty folder or Not change I still can't select more than one. What am I doing wrong?

Select the Object tool and go to File>Modifier Key Strokes. Select the SHIFT key drop down and check to see if Tool Aux Operation > Select Additionally is selected.

• @garlam said in Can't select two objects:

Select the Object tool and go to File>Modifier Key Strokes. Select the SHIFT key drop down and check to see if Tool Aux Operation > Select Additionally is selected.

It is selected but it works only on the layer menu and not on the main screen.
    BTW, It's MS 5.0.6 updated from 5.0.2 on Win 8.1

@garlam said in Can't select two objects:

Do you prefer to work on the page, all panels, in one folder, or do you prefer to work on each panel in separate folders?

I'm just starting to learn so I don't have any work patterns yet.
    I think working on one panel at a time would be the best and having them on different layers is nice to prevent any strokes from affecting other panels but at the same time I'd like to be able to combine panels at any point so I can't have them on different layers.

• Even in 5.0.6 I think the Object tool should be able to select two panels as long as they are on the same layer. But the panels work together even if they are on separate folders and they will still combine without having to select them (using the layer panel). Try drawing two vectors on a vector layer and see if you can select both using shift.

You can easily work within one frame folder using different layers for your panels. You can create a mask on these panel layers to hide strokes that might spill over onto other panels.

• Yes, I can select two vectors.

• I'm not sure why your Object tool can't select two panels. As long as the two panels are on the same layer, Frame Border is selected in the Selectable Objects drop down, and the Shift modifier is set to select additionally then you should be able to do this; even in 5.0.6

0_1486928215295_select two.jpg

• It's strange, but I just can't.
    I can do it on the layer list but it's a bit annoying because I have to drag them around to make them adjacent on the list, otherwise it selects everything between them.
    For example I divide my page to 6x6 panels and I want to combine 4 panels in top right corner, that is 1, 2, 7 and 8, which are adjacent on the page.
    I select 1, 2 and when I select 7 all the panels between them get selected as well. I need to drag 7 and 8 up to be next to 1 and 2.

There is also some issue which limits the number of panels I can divide into in one go.
    If I want to make 12x12 panels It makes 10x10 only. I have to make 6x6 first and then divide each panel 2x2.

• Another thing to go around is that I can't set neither horizontal nor vertical number to 1 when dividing equally.
    If I want 1x3, I have to make 2x3 and then combine 3 pairs.

• You should be able to hold Ctrl to select Frame Folders that are not next to one another.

To make one panel vertically or horizontally you need to uncheck the option.

0_1486945434679_one panel.jpg

• Oh yes, Ctrl works for selecting on the layer list.
    And unchecking for dividing works too. Silly me.
    Thank you very much.

But it's just the beginning for me so I'm going to flood you with more questions soon...