We need a hair shader like this for Poser ... Shader gurus?

• @amethystpendant Fannnntastic! Thanks amethyst!

• @matb said in We need a hair shader like this for Poser ... Shader gurus?:

@amethystpendant Fannnntastic! Thanks amethyst!

My pleasure, let me know how you get on

Amanda

• @amethystpendant I think first I'm going to have to read this thread to understand what it's trying to accomplish. Also, I've been very lazy with EZSkin, so I haven't bothered to learn how to take it much beyond the basics. I think it will be some time, but the idea of a procedural shader that breaths life into my ancient hair models is very appealling.

• @amethystpendant Yes!! This would be great!!

• Earlier in the thread someone brought up fibermesh hair. Here's a quick test render with the shader on Neftis3D's Guillaume Hair and on the eyebrows as well (Oh My Brows! by RedzStudio, exported as *.obj files and imported into Poser). Personally I think it looks fantastic on the fibermesh hair. I tried it on the eyelashes, too, but I'm not sure I'd call that a successful experiment--but it's hard to tell with M4's awful lashes. (Skin is Morris's Angelo, face morph is from my Men of Yerevan pack, formerly at RDNA now at HW3D.)

0_1494552846268_Hair Test.jpg

• @vilters said in We need a hair shader like this for Poser ... Shader gurus?:

Experimenting : BB SF Hair + Procedural Transmap.
    Well; No textures any more in this test. LOL.

Used BB Default + Pigment at 0.75 + Created a Procedural Transmap.
    0_1489765492554_BB-SF-Hair+Procedural-Transmap.jpg

Math Functions => argument Substract
    Value_1 is at 10 with a v_Texture_Coordinate connected
    Value_2 is at 1 with the output of the FractalSum connected

PS : Play with Value_2 to raise or lower the Transparency line and output.

Experimenting is FUN !

BOOKMARKED

• Presumably, the V texture coordinate works with the UV mapping of the hair. I am wondering how to rotate the procedural transparency map, in the case of a VU mapped hair geoemtry. I am experimenting now.

• @Zaarin I'd like to see that done again but this time try to add the beard using the hair room, I've played with it from time to time but my results have been less than stellar when it comes to short beards or the 3 day growth look.

• @ibr_remote I have found that the results of this shader depend on how the hair mesh creator UV maps the hair strips. Also, the procedural transparency add-on nodes depend on the scale of the hair strip geometry.

• @tastiger said in We need a hair shader like this for Poser ... Shader gurus?:

@Zaarin I'd like to see that done again but this time try to add the beard using the hair room, I've played with it from time to time but my results have been less than stellar when it comes to short beards or the 3 day growth look.

Good idea, but I'm allergic to the hair room... ;) I have tried Mec4D's Unshaven (the original one for Genesis) exported from DS, though, and it looks good (as long as you keep the expression pretty minimal). And I think I have a couple hair room beards floating around somewhere, like the one by Brahann--though that's a little more bushy. When it comes to light stubble, though, I think it generally looks okay to just use painted textures + EZSkin, as long as the bump map is decent.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.