Exporting to Png does not save RGB color profile

• So i posted a similar thread some months back and have yet to find a solution to this problem. basically saving or exporting to png in clip studio does not save a profile like Adobe 1998 or any for that matter. The only way i can save a file with that RGB profile is to export to Jpeg. The only thing i noticed that makes a difference in this matter is the "Embed ICC profile" box which is missing from the export png settings. I once thought this problem was universal to the png format, but in photoshop, you can save an RGB profile to png format just fine. It seems this is a problem with Clip Studio and i just can't find a work around other than exporting to jpeg, which reduces quality in some sites. If you have EX this problem also extends into export pdf. If anyone has a solution, that would be awesome.

• Why would you want to use Adobe 1998 for display on the web? sRGB is the standard color profile for images displayed on the internet.

• alt text

alt text

The first image is using sRGB, the image uses Adobe 1998. Often i prefer the brighter colors. And while a similar result can be achieved by adjusting the saturation, its not exactly the same.

• Everything on a computer is built for sRGB. The internet is adapted for sRGB. Your monitor is most likely displaying in sRGB. If you embed a different color profile into the PNG file, the browser will most likely convert the image to sRGB. All you will do is bloat the file size of your image.

Color profiles are more of a concern for print than anything else, which is why Photoshop allows PNG files to be embedded with an RGB color space.

• @garlam While that may the case, as you can see changing the color profile does make a difference. I tested this on friends computer and it gave similar results.

• @garlam Thanks for the responses btw, you've been really helpful every time I've posted a thread on here.

I manged to find this video on you tube that managed to explain it to me too. It does make sense.

• @DVD201 Unfortunately though changing color profile does usually work across platforms, it doesn't always. Different browsers, viewers, parts of the OS etc may or may not apply correction. As sRGB is the default for just about everything these days it will display correctly in 99% of cases, whereas embedded color profiles may look different on mac, windows, in previews or when opened, on phones, tablets etc. I've even seen applications which correctly apply or ignore correction depending on what window you have open.

When working for print, where everyone in your pipeline knows about and agrees on which color profiles to use, then they are a great idea. When working for web or screen though, it is safest to aim for the default sRGB - it may not look as great, but for the not insignificant portion of your audience who have crappy software/hardware it'll look as good as possible. :) You'd be surprised how many people that is.

• @pavig Yea i started working with sRGB finally. I'll miss the vibrant colors from adobe 1998, but I'd like a more consistent color. When i did the test at a friends hows, adobe still looked more colorful than sRGB, but i noticed that his adobe rgb pic looked different than mine, while the srgb looked the same on both our monitors.