What's meant by reputation?

• I don't quite get what that means?

• Poser Ambassadors

It has something to do with forum user's voting posts up or down in usefulness. I am unsure if it is fully enabled here, as there are notable concerns and possible problems with it.

Theoretically, if you post useful and helpful content, and other forum users vote it up, your reputation increases. On the other hand, if you post consistently negative, abusive, derogatory, or useless content that does not technically violate TOS but other users find annoying and always vote down, your reputation would decrease.

Hope this helps.

• Poser Ambassadors

@kageryu said in What's meant by reputation?:

Theoretically, if you post useful and helpful content, and other forum users vote it up, your reputation increases. On the other hand, if you post consistently negative, abusive, derogatory, or useless content that does not technically violate TOS but other users find annoying and always vote down, your reputation would decrease.

I like that idea, tho I can see how certain folks of the trollish flavor could abuse it by voting down posts that are actually helpful, while voting up derogatory posts that are in their favor. But that is the job of moderators to keep an eye on, assuming moderators are allowed by admin to actually do their job (which seems to be the case here so far, thankfully).

• Poser Ambassadors

@AmbientShade Yes, but currently I think many of the moderators and admins are also developers and testers, and if so I would rather they have more free time to work on the software. I can see many angles to the issue. It can be very handy, but on so many sites (not even just 3D sites) I have been on over the decades I have almost always seen it degenerate at some point.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.