Phantom duplication

• Has anyone else had this where you right click on the scene to try to select something and rather than getting a list of what's in your scene, you get a list of one item repeated?
    0_1487211015946_multighosts.jpg

I'm not even sure what v4rglutehip is but I don't have that many of anything in the scene. It didn't persist the next time I right clicked, it was back to normal. This isn't the first time I've seen this with different things on the list but it's rare. I was just curious if anyone else had seen something like it.

• Poser Team

If memory serves me correctly it is an error in the V4 Trainers cr2.

Are you using those shoes?

• No, I'm not using those. Nor can I say Vicky's always in the scene. I do a lot of large scenes though. This one has 9 fully clothed figures. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

• @redphantom said in Phantom duplication:

No, I'm not using those. Nor can I say Vicky's always in the scene. I do a lot of large scenes though. This one has 9 fully clothed figures. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Does this only occur in the right-click menu? Check the Object menu and the Drop-Down menu on the border of the Scene Window. Also check the Hierarchy Window. (You may need to pull it up.) There are differences in what/how these windows display scene contents. (I don't use the mouse-driven menu for selecting scene objects, so can't say I've seen this anomaly.)

Just curious - Are these magnets that you've added to a figure? Or, non-hidden deformer magnets? In my experience, those WILL get listed in the general Object menu, but they will be filtered out in the drop-down scene components menu on the Scene Window's border.

• It only does it with the right-click menu. I've never seen it on the hierarchy window or any checkbox window for dynamics or parenting or the drop-down menu.

That's one of the magnets that loads with Vicky. I didn't add them. They may also be part of the clothes. They don't normally show in the right-click menu. They'll show in the hierarchy menu if you have deformers showing.

• @redphantom

Obviously, it's counting them multiple times for each figure. What it might be doing is counting them for each group, for some weird reason.

Oddly... I could not get V4's embedded/hidden magnet deformers to display using the "Show All Deformers" setting in P11, unlike in previous versions of Poser which would show these magnet deformers. I usually never select Show All for this reason, since it clutters the display up with stuff I can't manipulate, anyway.

After testing in P11 and P10, I couldn't get the "Show All" command to display any of the hidden deformer magnets in V4 for some reason. I know Poser used to display those when that setting was selected in older versions. However, I can't even get the setting to stay "toggled." "Hide All" and "Only Current Selection" will show as toggled, but "Show All" will NOT and doesn't appear to have any effect like I know it used to with those deformers.

So, yeah, there's some different behavior there from what I'm used to seeing in older versions of Poser.

Chalk it up to either a memory bug/save issue or some weirdness with changes they've made. How old is the scene file you're looking at? What version was it created under?

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.