compositing question

• Any advice or tutorials how to composite an animated sequence with live action footage.

I have live action footage that I want to composite with an animated sequence. Slicing it frame by frame will NOT work as its roughly 5min runtime.

• There are all types of ways to do what you want, depends on what you are trying to do. Basic way to do it is to use a video editing program to apply the live action to the background and put the animated sequence on a layer above that. I have done something similar what you need to do is render your animation to frames and import each frame into the video editing program. By doing frames and using TIFF it creates a image that the background is transparent and allows the video editing program to replace the background with the live action image. If you are trying to interact the animation with the live action then you will also need to plot the points of interaction and build your animation to match.

• Compositing in Poser is a dreadful idea. Not remotely enough control for a project that large. I would suggest that rendering in Poser is also a pretty bad idea for what you want as you have insufficient control over cameras or matchmoving.

The packages of choice seem to be Adobe After Effects and Combustion, both of which cost several thousand dollars ISTR.

• @slider2015 said in compositing question:

Any advice or tutorials how to composite an animated sequence with live action footage.

I have live action footage that I want to composite with an animated sequence. Slicing it frame by frame will NOT work as its roughly 5min runtime.

Blender can do camera tracking, and it's free! :)

There a multiple ways of skinning your cat, so to speak, but the details depend on exactly what your intention is. But, for any animation compositing, you're going to need camera tracking to take care of all those "frame by frame" details.

• If you have Poser 11 Pro, you can export your scene as Alembic and import that into Blender. You will need to recreate the materials, but you will have the geometry and animation data. Then you can use Blenders Camera Tracking and Compositing features.