Help - lost Sub Tool group.

• Hi all, I seem to have lost a sub tool group I created for all my favourite brushes, pens etc... Opened up CS today and the group is gone. Also, can't see to find where CS stores the sub tool group info?

I wouldn't mind so much except it took me the better part of a day putting it together. My other groups are there, just not this one.
    P.s. yes, I had shut down and opened CS a few times and used the group.

Any help would be great!
    Cheers.

• @starkz These brushes were copies from Other SubTool? You never exported this brushes on pc folder for backup? If not you can try to restore the original pen and brushes - but in advance you must save your tools creations (sorry for bad english). You can restor default brushes following the instruction at this page in "How to Get Additional Materials" http://www.clipstudio.net/en/dl

• @patfumetto hi. Thank you for the fast reply! Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't create these brushes. I purchased brushes - the Daub and Frenden sets. I then created a sub tool group called "favorites" using these brushes. Then, yesterday that group disappeared. But I still have all my other groups.

• @starkz Ah, ok! Your brushes group is lost, i'm afraid, so you must re-create a new one and re-import Daub's brushes.

• @starkz If you have a backup of CELSYS_EN folder (done when the brush assembly is created) you could try replacing this folder and maybe you would be getting your group. But I'm not sure about that.

• Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, I don't have any backup, as I assumed that making a group within the software would hold. I contacted support but received a very confused reply :)

Looks like I will have to re-create the group again. But, once I do this, how do I stop the group from disappearing again? There doesn't seem to be any option to export out sub tool groups? Seems like an obvious thing right?

I want to make a group of my favorite brushes, my favorite inks etc... But not if they keep disappearing?

• @starkz No, no way to save the group in a backup for this in particular . But this time you can recreate the group and save the CELSYS_EN folder, in case you miss it again maybe You'll get back your settings.

• @patfumetto Cheers, I'll try that. But honestly, it seems crazy right? What does everyone else do? I mean Frenden and Doub have HUNDREDS of brushes. I don't want to sort through them all when I'm painting. I want a short list of the best brushes for Concept, Painting, Rendering etc... Whats supposed to be the standard workflow for this?

E.g. Frenden inks have 89 brushes. I like about 8 of them. I can't be the only person who has this problem?

• @starkz No, it's a serious problem, but not many people buy a lot of brushes, I guess. For this I create a folder (in the pc document) where I put my preferite brushes (brushes that I downloaded, free or not). It's only I can do for now.

• @patfumetto Yup, I'll do the same. Thanks man. Appreciate the help. Maybe will send CS an email for a feature request :)

• @starkz Yes, good idea, but my english is a litte bad :)

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.