Roadmap for Clip Studio Paint?

• @ibr_remote

Right. The Celsys site is from the devs in Japan and Smith Micro is a reseller/marketer.

• Thanks for your responses...

However, looking for info about the future of Clip Studio. Wondering if anyone knows of a specific link to such information. Yes I am aware that Smith Micro is a marketing company for the English version and has nothing to do with creating the program. And I appreciate the link to Celsys - the english version of the site...

The assets link is just assets, but thank you.

I'm guessing the answer is no, no one knows of such information - no roadmap, no english information regarding the future of Clip Studio Paint...

• As far as future developments go, I don't think I've ever seen something like that. The Japanese site will have release notes for updates to the Japanese version and since the international users get the updates months (and months) later, you can see what's coming to the international versions by checking the release notes. It's not exactly future developments though; more like "here's what's coming when you catch up".

The twitter feed may have upcoming news but I don't think I've ever seen an announcement made along those lines.

• @garlam Thanks!

• According to this...http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/mypage/newsdetail?publish=201702&f=2017022201 v1.6.4 has enhancements to the animation piece and a move away from the OS color picker to one that is CSP specific. Some mention of being able to flip the brush image ( which may be interesting.

Before that there is a load of stuff listed for version 1.6.3 at http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/mypage/newsdetail?publish=201610&f=2016102701 quite a few things for 3D and again for Animation,,,, Iit has ability to move actions between Action Sets ( which I do want)..... nothing on TEXT ... surprised ? No !

• The native color diagram is a great thing, as this has always bothered me when using layer colors, etc. It can sometimes be easy to slag them off for not imporving the text tool, but all the other improvements make sense to me. I try other programs now an then (PS, affinity, paintstorm, procreate, artrage) but while these sometimes offer some features that are better than CSP, as a whole they always fall short. It has really helped my art in many ways.

• I see that in 1.6.4. Clip Paint Studio will have the ability to export files to OpenToonz. That is great news for the OpenToonz users - it would hopefully make it a lot easier to open the whole file in OT rather than having to save each artwork, piece by piece, in PNG format and upload them to OT.

Unfortunately for us English CPS users, we'll have to wait several months before receiving this much-coveted update on our end. :(

• Can someone explain what a native color diagram is?

Mic

• MAC Os X Has their own as well. But the main problem is that the colors & color pickers are not the same, and I can not pick from swatches or use the color wheel. This is why I am glad that this will be changed.

• @postma said in Roadmap for Clip Studio Paint?:

I try other programs now an then (PS, affinity, paintstorm, procreate, artrage) but while these sometimes offer some features that are better than CSP, as a whole they always fall short. It has really helped my art in many ways.

I agree 100%.

• @888toto is there a translation button?

• @mr.pete you can use Google Chrome to translate.

• Right! thought I posted that somewhere earlier @garlam

according to the translation 1.6.4 update is out tomorrow (feb 28)

strangely, I downloaded and installed the 1.6.3. update a few times and though the installer said the update was installed my version under the Menu item is still reading 1.6.2

I downloaded and played with the (Japanese) CLIP STUDIO ACTION trial app tonight
    Would be very excited to know when it will be available for English speaking users