The Infamous Darth J Freebie Thread (NSFW)

• What's up with the site chat ?

Another pose, the render is a variation of "where is Wally ?"

She is wearing a dynamic tunic that once belonged to Victoria 3.

0_1468606452242_ADVISORY SIGN 02.jpg

0_1468606485601_pauline beach 2. text.jpg

• It occured to me that if the morphs function on a Standard Pauline I cannot upload them, since Enhanced Pauline is no longer a free item. This needs testing.

• @DarthJ Is she looking for something or doing push-ups?

• @eclark1849 The text balloon should make it quite obvious, and as I wrote the render is a variation on "where is Wally ? ", the cell phone is hiding somewhere (not the one in the textballoon).

• @DarthJ looks like it is hiding between her cheeks.

• It's nearly done, 16 poses.

0_1469112923341_21 JULI TXT.jpg

• Got this nice dress for avant or après-beach from F Verbaas, don't know if it's meant for general release.

0_1469129696155_PAULINE DRESS.jpg

• I just buried another deceased laptop : froze, upon restart goes to BIOS screen and no further, weird click-click sound. Obviously Hard Disk gone.
    Result ? Every render you see above is gone. So are the PZ3 save files. Not the poses however, they were saved in my Poser runtime on an external disk. Phewww ...

• Bummer. :(
    I wish you lived close by; I'd help you put in a new drive...

• Meanwhile I can fill a cemetery with my "deceased" computers.

Well, as the repair shop is closed for the holidays and as there were some odd never-solved problems with the departed one I bought a new computer from another shop.

This will cause some delay as I have to re-render every pose, main problem however is that I still haven't found the right clothing for her. F. Verbaas, made a free bikini (see Content Paradise) but it's conforming to the "normal" Pauline and top and bottom are made as one piece so I can't use it as dynamic clothing either.

• @DarthJ said in The Infamous Darth J Freebie Thread:

This will cause some delay as I have to re-render every pose, main problem however is that I still haven't found the right clothing for her. F. Verbaas, made a free bikini (see Content Paradise) but it's conforming to the "normal" Pauline and top and bottom are made as one piece so I can't use it as dynamic clothing either.

To create a separate top and bottom, use the Grouping Tool to select each part of the conformer, then use the "Create Prop" button, and save each to the Library...

• @DarthJ
    Did I mix up? Well possible. Thank you for letting me know.
    Will investigate and correct if necessary.

• @DarthJ

Version was corect.
    I added a version for Pauline Original.
    Let me know if this works correctly.

• I like to check if things are correct, My victi... err ... customers less.

• I would take a look at the right back string of the bikini top. See image.
    • When loading the bikini it searches for a "provencal" jpg.

0_1470346258908_BACK STRING.jpg

• @DarthJ
    Ah, yes, I recall now that was an issue.
    Will see what I can do about it.

• Some further testing :

You see more of these artifacts if you increase the subdivision level, at 0 they are gone. If you render you don't see any artifacts either but the string is still deformed. And it seems that the string has problems conforming correctiy with more extreme poses.
    The zone in the red circle could use a workover too.

II will also repeat my suggestion to make 2 separate items of top and bottom ( can't figure out the grouping tool). Especially on European beaches women care about the environment, so to save on natural resources they do not use the top part of their bikini.

0_1470349774089_bikini 1.jpg

• The shoulder strap issue comes with the fore-aft rotation of the rightCollar in the PaulineAdvanced version.
    I could not reproduce this with the rigging for Pauline-standard so it looks like it is a Pauline Advanced only issue.
    It looks like it is something in Poser not liking something in PaulineAdvanced.
    The bikini is a plain Fitting room product: Bikini in; stripped donor in, press button, cut some limbs yo do not need et Voilá, out comes rigged bikini, doing a fine job of providing modesty.
    0_1470426765344_WithOUTJointEditor.JPG
    It looks like this is connected to a JCM going wild or being applied in a loop. If you open the joint editor to smooth ot the weights, the disturbance disappears. 0_1470426742696_WithJointEditor.JPG

There is little I can do about this now i am afraid. Maybe someone of the Beta team can try and see if SR5 will solve the issue.

About the subdivision:
    I do not know if it is necessary to subdivide this garment. The mesh in the cups is pretty dense already to get realistic behaviour of the fabric.
    0_1470427480219_bikiniSubdivision.png
    If she wants to wear her implants maybe she better buy a more spacious top.
    Your commens are correct but there is little I can do about Poser's interpolation method of morph deltas when subdividing.

The mising .JPG
    The shaders are procedural so the issue with the missing .jpg struck me as odd. This was how I loaded the original .obj but I had deleted all image nodes. Searching he .cr2 revealed the file is called for outside the shader tree in what I understand can only be legacy Poser 4 code bit:
    0_1470431111205_calling for deleted file.JPG
    totally in-accessible from the GUI.
    POSER TEAM: CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS or at least make Poser not throw an error message !!!!!!
    For the bikini I will correct in the .cr2 and issue an update.

Topless
    Then about the environmental issue: will add a pose to hide the top. That will do the trick. Digital fabric has a much lower footprint than the real life stuff so that overhead will be justified.

• For the record: I uploaded a revised version of the PaulineA bikini which appears to behave somewhat better. At least the shoulder strap issue is gone now. In the version for Original Pauline I removed the calls for the obsolete texture.
    You will need to re-download the files.
    Pose file to hide the top or bottom was not added. Sorry abouth that.

• Poser Ambassadors

Good evening all.
    So Sorry, but I have to add some remarks here.

• The bikini deformations shown.
      There is a bug in Poser, that when painting a weightmap, the vertex at the welds between groups (vertex that should be welded) get different weights depending on what group gets selected.
      At the welds ; Actually there are 2 verts at the exact same position. And when painting over them, they get different weights. The issue is NOT visible in the jont editor.
      But the issue IS visible in the Pose room when comparing the white and the red outlines when selecting "joined" groups. When you SubD the model, this issue becomes worse and worse.

Unfortunately, this bug is all over in the Pauline Advanced figure. => I contacted the creator some time ago. He knows the issue, but it is not an easy fix, and most clothing has its way of working around it. ja, these thin straps are in "exactly the wrong place" for that bug.

To correct : Repaint all the verts in the figure that are ON the UNSubD welds to be sure they have the exact same weight.

Secondly : The Setup/Fitting room and its exported obj files.

• When creating a clothing item, be it in the setup or in the fitting room, Poser will safe a fresh cr2 and a fresh obj file. => This obj file is BROKEN. (Lost vertex order).

To correct : Always replace the broken obj file with the originally and properly grouped one. (or edit the 2 lines in the cr2 to a correctly grouped obj file)

Best regards, Tony

PS : When you looed at the first video of the Poser2Blender2Poser series on youtube, you will know that Poser is UNABLE to safe out a properly grouped obj file.
    Not from obj file export.
    Not from the setup room
    Not from the fitting room. (That uses the same code as the setup room)

There's a long history behind this, but allow me to not go in detail at this time.
    After the planned video's are done, I will make a special video about this issue.

But Win 1607 screwed my Poser machines, So stand-by please.

• Poser Ambassadors

2 Screengrabs from Pauline advanced.

First the shoulder-collar groups. => Compare the white and red group outlines.
    0_1470516587697_Pauline-advanced-shoulderbend.jpg

And here the hip-thigh bend. The arrows show the "secondary" vertex positions of the UNSubD mesh.
    0_1470516655703_Pauline-advanced-Thigh-Hip.jpg

I discovered this issue doing completely different testing work, and it is reported to SM. Scott did not yet know this issue when he created Pauline advanced.

To correct : Repaint the welds "carefully" and retest when back in the Pose Room.
    Because the issue is NOT visible in the Joint editor while painting.