The Infamous Darth J Freebie Thread (NSFW)

• Een zeppelin met een open balkon ? Is dat wel verstandig of zelfs mogelijk ?

• (Update for the non-Dutch speakers: I guessed it was a gondola for a zeppelin. @DarthJ asked if providing a balcony for such application would be sensible or even feasible).
    @DarthJ: Sure would be feasible. It may be a bit uncomfortable place to be if the zeppelin is at speed but a windscreen can do a lot to improve the situation. Think of the possibilities when the craft is just floating in the air like a balloon.
    The Hindenburg was bult for transport but had panorama windows that could be opened during flight.
    alt text

• The passenger accommodations of the Hindenburg were within the airship's envelope, with the gondola housing the controls...

http://www.airships.net/lz127-graf-zeppelin/interiors

The Graf Zeppelin's passengers were housed in the upper level of the gondola...

http://www.airships.net/lz127-graf-zeppelin

• I checked : the Zeppelins flew low enough so it wasn't necessary to pressurize the interior and hence windows could be opened. Though the earlier model could not be heated either so passengers would suffer from the cold and had to spend the passage wrapped in blankets. Let alone they would have liked to spend time outside on a balcony.

Besides, the average passenger Zeppelin was way over 100 m long. Imagine that in Poser.

So it 's not a Zeppelin though you could consider my new freebie looks somewhat like a moored zeppelin (requires quite some imagination though).

• The idea was it would hang under a zeppelin or powered aerostat. Sorta steampunk thing. The elongated form made me decide aganst it hanging under a balloon.
    So, I guessed wrong and we are back in square 1. Who is next?

• You didn't need to open the windows. That's what glass is for.

• I fear the guesswork will be so far fetched that the real answer will be a disappointment.

• @eclark1849 said in The Infamous Darth J Freebie Thread (NSFW):

You didn't need to open the windows. That's what glass is for.

Yes, but they wanted to open the windows, feeling the fresh breeze, throwing objects out, that sort of thing.

• Ok, did I miss a (new) Poser bug ? Tried to import the 3DS file, at best I got a minuscule object. And when trying to upscale this object only the Y dial works, the X and Z scale dial simply displace the object, as if I was using the X-Z trans dials. Closed Poser, reopened Poser, same result. Saved as prop, same result. Well, freebie on hold until the mystery is solved.

• It doesn't seem to be a Poser bug, another imported 3DS object behaves as it should. Meanwhile I discovered that setting the scale to a negative value turns the object inside out so to speak. Meanwhile, back to the drawing board. I have no clue why suddenly an export file of this program behave like this.

• Neither is it the exports from this program but the object itself it seems. If I don't find the cause it could mean the end of this project.

• Maybe your object has a centroid at a location with large x and z co-ordinates but common y-cordinates?

• I found the culprit which was the part shown in the render above, once removed the 3DS file behaves as it should ...

almost ...

because I ran into another snag :

this is how an imported 3DS file looks in a previous Poser version :

0_1478291138306_poser pro 2012.jpg

... and this is how the same file looks in Poser Pro 2014

0_1478291203386_poser pro 11.jpg

Well, I have to recreate that corrupted part without getting it corrupt again. Tried to salvage it by checking piece by piece, to no avail. It was the most detailed and difficult part so that's going to take a while. Then I'll get it poserised in that older Poser. Looks like I'll have to hurry to get it done before Christmas.

• The workflow :

1. export the 3DS object from construction program.
    2. import the 3DS object in Poser Pro 2012 to keep the mapping intact.
    3. remove all the shaders, only keep basic colours. If not the object will become invisible and will remain so when rendering with Firefly. This bug will persist in other Poser versions.
    4. save shaderless object as pz3 file.
    5. open pz3 file in Poser Pro 11 (2014).

... and here it is :

0_1478444542822_dinges 02.jpg

based on a 1960"s 1/87th scale model of East-German origin.

0_1478444680814_IMG_3273-800.JPG

• Superfly render of beta-model. The final model will use a blend of Firefly and Superfly shaders. Yeah, it's about time you upgraded from Poser 4.

0_1478466250262_dinges 03.jpg

• This should be the final version.

0_1478560595448_stellwerk a.jpg

0_1478560604243_stellwerk b.jpg

• @DarthJ
    Love the text plates! LOL!

• @DarthJ
    LOL!

• More details, such as this typical German welcoming sign.

0_1478733377699_tur 1.jpg

Need to correct that stone texure ...