How to delete saved presets from EZSkin3

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    I'd like to clean out some of my old EZSkin3 presets that I saved. Not the original ones, just some clutter from ones I made but don't need.
    Can you tell me how to delete those?
    cheerio
    lululee

• Poser Ambassadors

Presets can be deleted via EZSkin's File menu.

However, I suspect you mean 'Figure definitions' If so, then they can be found at:
    C:\Users*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11\ezskin3 with the filename ezskin3fig.defs, which can be opened in a plain text editor
    I have no idea where it is stored on a MacOS

Cheers, Snarly

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Snarly,
    Thanks so much for the fast reply. It was the presets I wanted to delete. The delete worked perfectly from the menu.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• I have a "question from ignorace" -

What are all these presets? :)

http://i.imgur.com/7HWNp67.jpg

Yes, I know they're presets, some self-explanatory, but there's two of each, one having a "0", and I don't know what that "0" means. :) And, they're combined in groups, 1,2,3 with subgroups, a,b,c,etc... Not sure what those are intended to mean, if anything. :)

Any insight? Did I double-up my preset list (hence the "0") during the install of EZSkin3 by not removing an older set of presets, and it just renumbered them? OR, should I just "use them and see" sort of thing?

Thanks in advance for any insight! (Loving EZSkin 3, these days, and played with EZDome yesterday, for hours... love it too.)

• Poser Ambassadors

@morkonan those could be sss on and off, The different groups could be scatter groups.

• @Ghostman

Some have SSS off, I assume 'cause it's written on it...

But, does everyone else have these presets, too? If not... why do I? :)

• Poser Ambassadors

The EZSkin presets included with the distribution don't affect all settings, just a subset of them.

The presets have been numbered because EZSkin sorts the list into alphabetical order and I wanted them in a specific order, so I used numerical prefixes to achieve that.

The 1x presets set the reflection quality, 1a being the lowest, 1d being the highest
    The 2x presets set the SSS quality, 2a being the lowest and 2d being the highest
    The 3x presets set the bump map preferences

So, for example, if you want medium quality reflections with the best quality SSS, load preset 1b then load preset 2d (or the other way around - the order doesn't matter)

If you're curious, load the EZSkin3.presets file into a text editor and it will be clear what each preset does.

Please send chocolate.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Snarlygribbly -

0_1488926808736_lindor_strawberry_cornet_405x400px.png

Noticed these in newsagent this evening. Walked out with milk. Still cursing myself for a f**kwit.

• @Snarlygribbly

AH! Thanks for clearing that up, Snarly! So, they're sub-presets, a way to narrow one's default settings without too much fussing around with the details. That's a very nice tool/consideration you put in there!

I'd love to send chocolate. But, chocolate is my kryptonite... or my heroin. :)

• Poser Ambassadors

@caisson If you'd bought those I'd have walked all the way to Brighton, or wherever you are now :)

• @Snarlygribbly

All I can offer is a somewhat confused and disheveled chocolate Easter Bunny:

http://i.imgur.com/l9pXLz5.jpg

• @caisson Mmmm they look tasty!

• Poser Ambassadors

@Snarlygribbly said in How to delete saved presets from EZSkin3:

The EZSkin presets included with the distribution don't affect all settings, just a subset of them.

The presets have been numbered because EZSkin sorts the list into alphabetical order and I wanted them in a specific order, so I used numerical prefixes to achieve that.

The 1x presets set the reflection quality, 1a being the lowest, 1d being the highest
    The 2x presets set the SSS quality, 2a being the lowest and 2d being the highest
    The 3x presets set the bump map preferences

So, for example, if you want medium quality reflections with the best quality SSS, load preset 1b then load preset 2d (or the other way around - the order doesn't matter)

If you're curious, load the EZSkin3.presets file into a text editor and it will be clear what each preset does.

Please send chocolate.

Hi Snarly,
    Thanks so much for the great info. Good to know.
    Cheerio
    lululee