License problem

• I recently purchased a second desktop and installed Poser while retaining my original copy on my first desktop. I used my serial number with the download manager and everything installed without any problems. I opened the program and when prompted entered the serial number and I got a dialog saying the number was invalid. I went to the license manager online and it showed the same license but it was for Poser 10--I purchased Poser 11 and it has been working on my other Mac for several months. I attempted to start the second copy without the first one open as I understand that can cause issues with internet validation. I thought that there were 3 installations allowed under the license--this would be my second. I got the second box so I could use graphics programs without bogging down either system--I have had no problem installing my other software onto the new one. Please advise as to what I need to do for this second installation.

• Poser Ambassadors

If you have a running Poser11, you should see the Poser11 serial number in the license manager.

Yes, SM allows 3 installations for each serial number.

PS; you accidently did not use the Poser10 serial on Poser11?

Contact SM support, they are good at this.

• I do have a running Poser 11 and I looked in Help > Personalize and confirmed that it matched the one I found in the License Manager and the one I used on the registration screen of the second copy of poser 11. I will contact SM but I should note that they ask their customers to provide a lot of information just to get service, as follows:

<For Product Support
    Product Name and Product Page URL (Web Address)
    Your Operating System version
    Your System Details (Hardware including Drivers) DO NOTE PROVIDE THE SYSTEM INFORMATION PAGE <image or text> That will delay any response.
    Order Number or place where purchased
    The Product License Key (Enter the key as you enter it in text format)

​Step by Step details to reproduce the issue.

Images should be PNG or JPG

Text documents should TXT

​Compressed files should be ZIP>>

Product page url--really? Order number--doesn't SM keep records? Then they want you to set up a separate support account!! This is in addition to requiring internet validation. On the other hand, Daz3d was easy to setup on my new computer and I was easily able to download my previous purchases--installation was one click in DazIM including purchased files--in Poser each installer needed a system password and I still don't know how to get my SM purchased bundle other than transferring it myself. I found the license but not the transaction record--whereas the my Daz account page has all this info, coupons, and a product library that makes it easy to check if files are missing on the desktop and links to further info. I understand that SM wants to prevent piracy but it really shouldn't be this hard for paying customers.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.