Is there an easy way to make clothing look less snug in Poser 11?

• It'd be nice to have a quick way to make tight clothing look looser. I've noticed commercial solutions for Genesis, but I usually stick to M4 and V4 and haven't spotted anything for them. I do know about the morph brush and need to experiment with it more, but are there other quick solutions that I've missed?

• @willshetterly Morph brush?

• @ghostship I'm currently doing a comic book project, so it'd be nice to have something that didn't require the morph brush every time I posed a character. Though that may be the way I need to go.

• @willshetterly

A lot depends on the clothing you're using. A lot of clothing models aren't modeled with folds/bulges/drape effects very well. Some are, some aren't, but the majority are "fair" in this regard. What you have to do if you're looking for good effects like that is find an artist that consistently does a good job with that and follow what they do.

Dynamic clothes can give good drapes and you can work with variables that give them friction, help retain their shape, etc, and give results based upon what sort of fabric you'd think they're made of. (Settings available in various places.) You can also convert conforming clothes to dynamic, but if they're complex or don't already have good material zones set up, you'll have to do some work by hand.

The morph tool is awesome. Plain and simple - You want clothing to bulge here, drape well there, crinkle a bit here, etc, you can get that effect. (Or, close enough.)

Don't discount the value of a good bump or displacement map for making clothes look "natural" with weave effects and even some bulges/ripples, provided it has a good UVmap, already, and you don't mind tweaking your bump/displacement map in a paint program. (Higher resolutions here can give you some excellent results.)

Above all, though, it's really the product that you're working with that matters the most as far as how "easy" it will be to do. There are some other issues working with the morph brush, too. For instance, in Poser-standard rigging, you can find spots, usually near the joints that have different rotation orders and are posed close together or joints that have very few vertices in between them and a non-child/parent group/bone, that the morph brush sort of wanders between different groups unpredictably.

If you're looking for "great" looking clothes with dynamic movements in them, then... the Cloth Room is your go-to-solution and you'll be working with either dynamic clothing or conforming clothing you've converted over to dynamic. (Basically, single mesh, with dynamic zones set up so unattached geometry doesn't fall off. :) )

• @morkonan I prefer the look of dynamic clothing, but for my comics needs, conforming clothing is good enough. It may just be time for me to starting brushing up on the morphing brush.

• @willshetterly

It's not difficult to use, once you get used to it. And, as soon as you do get used to it, you won't be able to keep your fingers off the darn thing... :)

I really wish we had a 3D Manipulator in Poser for the Morph Tool so one could easily grab verts and move them according to an axis ("real" direction) without the push/pull stuff and camera angle reference point... :/ But, the morph tool is awesome for clothing deforms to make it look natural and such!

• Try scaling to 101%.

• I post work in photoshop using the liquify tool.

• @estherau Probably the most time effective solution. Another, less time effective, solution is to turn off auto morphing and scaling and use the included Copy Values script by D3D. It will set the clothing scaling and morphs while still allowing you to adjust it using the dials. You can then use included morphs or scaling to adjust the clothes off the body or whatever.