Project e

• @morkonan:

hehe don't worry I already have some fun plans ;)

I'm not going to say anything until the release because the walls have ears...

• @erogenesis A while back you posted a picture of pretty women from different Asian backgrounds. Are you going to be releasing morphs based on that picture with PE?

• @rtamesis most definitely! Not sure if it will be in the base though.

• @erogenesis Thanks! I definitely am willing to buy that morph pack!😀

• Any idea how much a starter bundle for PE will cost? I need to put some money aside.

• @erogenesis said in Project e:

@morkonan:

hehe don't worry I already have some fun plans ;)

That's good to hear (read)! But, and I'm serious on this - You've got to include a sample "Do Art" button in the form of a preloaded scene or something, depending on any tech/mechanic constraints, that's effectively the same thing.

I am thoroughly convinced that few Poser-producer/creator people know how to market their products. You've done a really, really, great job in publicizing yours, so I really, really, really, want to see a nice "finishing touch." That "topper" is what is going to make the difference in the user experience across the broadest selection of users. I want to see Poser gurus and noobs, alike, exploding on the forums, praising your product and the results they got with it just a few minutes after they installed it.

There are too many good products out there that fail on delivery, even if they don't fail on launch, all because the entire responsibility of actually using it is left up to the end-user, who may just not know "how." There's no need for that in this market, none at all.

Anyway, thanks for responding and I know you'll do it right. Just... please do! :) (I want to see five different releases of this, with fifty different morph packs, a hundred clothing options and no less than 20...er... "accessories" available before the end of the year, all based on user-demand and satisfaction. ;) )

• @morkonan would you like fries with that? LOL sorry couldn't resist.
    -DP

• haha!

no I agree with @morkonan, we need to make a nice party out of it, and I indeed want to make PE a fun thing for people to purchase. Themed packs and example scenes etc. She needs to be fun off the bat, not having to wait too long for some addons, and also some goodies to get people get back into Poser... (whatever is humanly possible though haha)

Like I said, I have plenty of plans, I don't wanna share too much yet ;)

• btw @morkonan thanks very much for the very flattering compliments! <3

• @erogenesis said in Project e:

btw @morkonan thanks very much for the very flattering compliments! <3

Truth isn't flattery. ;)

You CAN do this thing. I remember reading some posts when you were down, things looked bleak, etc.. But, suddenly, a light shown down from above, some magic happened, code transcribed itself on the Notepad++ page/whatever and new energy was driven right into the heart of this project. (That's the way it seems, anyway.)

Now, you're rolling downhill at a breakneck pace. Things are zipping by and the finish line is threatening. So much stuff is going on, so many things happening that it's probably hard for you to realize that you're "almost there."

I want to see that final finishing touch kind of stuff. FOR YOU! I don't want you to look back and say to yourself "Dang, I should have done that." Well, you'll say that anyway, but the point is that if you can give your customer the most bestest awesomest first-use experience possible with any product evar... You're never going to feel like you missed anything.

And, the volume of thanks you get from happy customers with their uber renders using your wonderful presets that THEY brag about... That's going to keep you from going bonkers when the first flood of technical issues comes in. :)

• Whassap peeps? Small update.

One of the most important components of the project is nearly done, the mannequin. I'm not going to divulge too many secrets but basically it helps transfer morphs, JCMs, and rigging to your clothing items almost automatically. There are still some things you'll need to do yourself but it will hopefully shorten your rigging time considerably.

Below are examples of a pair of V4 jeans converted in less than 15 mins with WM and JCMs. I would rate the conversion a 7 or 8 out of 10. It could go faster but there's a certain trick to avoiding drama in the crotch that takes a few minutes, and obviously making your own groupings takes a while too. But the transfer of all the WM and JCMs and morphs works pretty nicely. I will do my best to find ways to automate as much as possible.

Same goes for the top btw, that went much faster since there's no crotch to worry about.

5_1508850204706_mannequin conversion test 1.jpg

4_1508850204705_mannequin conversion test 2.jpg

3_1508850204705_mannequin conversion test 3.jpg

2_1508850204705_mannequin conversion test 4.jpg

1_1508850204705_mannequin conversion test 5.jpg

0_1508850204705_mannequin conversion test 6.jpg

0_1508850269040_hi-res low res example jeans 4.jpg

• @erogenesis Looks fantastic ! i endorse the fact you render easy to convert V4 stuff to PE ! :)

Concerning the fact of transfering JCMs to cloth i notice that when you link all your JCMs to a ERC parameter (ie JCM strength parameter) on body, you just have to copy this ERC from your figure to the cloth, it will copy all the JCMs (as they contain targetgeom modifications)

• @morkonan said in Project e:

And, the volume of thanks you get from happy customers with their uber renders using your wonderful presets that THEY brag about... That's going to keep you from going bonkers when the first flood of technical issues comes in. :)

You're absolutely right, especially about that last part lol. Honestly I've had to make so many sacrifices with this project, I don't have time for regrets! PE is one big workaround, but at least it works! I will still remind people that this is still a CGI figure, and although PE will have solved a number of issues for many, I'm pretty sure new ones will come up as the tech advances. The real magic will have to come from Smith Micro and the @Poser-Team as once PE will be out, the ball will be in their court to help make sure PE, and figures like PE (like Bella and Shades' projects) are supported in ways that are relevant to the people that will use them... if PE gets adopted of course lol! But so far so good, I'm fairly content with how everything works. I hope other people will feel the same way.

@barnardino said in Project e:

@erogenesis Looks fantastic ! i endorse the fact you render easy to convert V4 stuff to PE ! :)

Hehe well, easy... these tools will help simplify and speed up the process for you, in most cases considerably. You will still need to know a thing or two about Poser, but don't worry it will all be thoroughly documented.

Concerning the fact of transfering JCMs to cloth i notice that when you link all your JCMs to a ERC parameter (ie JCM strength parameter) on body, you just have to copy this ERC from your figure to the cloth, it will copy all the JCMs (as they contain targetgeom modifications)

Sort of, the JCMs are technically just PBMs in this project, and yes all you do is copy the main controllers in the mannequin over to your clothing, but the actual dependencies involved won't be in the mannequin, and the controllers copied will do nothing beyond that. All the controls happen within the main figure, and a conforming item just inherits all that though the regular conforming method.

• @erogenesis Personally, I hope SM takes the PE lessons to heart (which they probably won't) and apply them to the next SM figure.

• @eclark1849 said in Project e:

@erogenesis Personally, I hope SM takes the PE lessons to heart (which they probably won't) and apply them to the next SM figure.

I hope so too, although I would rather they first throw their weight behind the app than figures. They should seriously skip all figure dev for at least one release, and bring Poser up to speed, make sure it is consistent with current content usage styles, and user demands, and what free software from Utah can do. Thereafter they can fart around all they want.

Update: project E will now also be available 'without' gens, although there still will be plenty of polys down there. The mesh was kind of designed to 'bring polys to areas where detail is required'... you could say.... ahem

Also, I'm in the middle of intense mannequin development and testing with content already made for PE! What this all means you'll see soon enough. Renders coming soon.

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis I want the real one, not promos :) When is she in the store??? Please say soon!!!
    0_1509172501971_c69f68899b43fb68ab2974d6fe26abde.jpg

• @Ladonna said in Project e:

@erogenesis I want the real one, not promos :) When is she in the store??? Please say soon!!!
    0_1509172501971_c69f68899b43fb68ab2974d6fe26abde.jpg

lol aww

I want it out by Christmas, come hell or high water!

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis Fantastic :) Really very excited about her . Thanks for your hard work and the presentation of your work path .Enjoy it a lot .

• With kind permission from @Ghostman I present you the first proper PE content that we're using mostly as a test case for rigging transfers. So far so good the results are not half bad! More soon.

Swimsuit by @Ghostman

0_1509188358621_swimsuit_test2.png

• @erogenesis Might as well ask what kind of of EULA you have regarding making content for her?

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.