Poser 11 Magnet Workaround

• In Poser 11, some of the previously saved magnents do not deform the selected character.
    After a little bit of work, I think I finally figured out whats going wrong with saved magnets in Poser 11.
    I worked with a saved magnet (pp2) that has worked fine since Poser 5. But in Poser 11, the magnet would deform the figure but not the clothing I had selected.

The saved magnet file lists what body parts deform like the following:

0_1489894953929_Mag1.jpg

Notice the ":1" after each body part. That seems to be an internal figure. Poser 11 is using that number to determine what character to deform instead of the selected character.

If you remove the ":1" as shown:

0_1489894975810_Mag2.jpg

Poser 11 will now deform the selected character as expected.
    I checked and Poser 11 saves magnets with the figure number (:1).

• Not sure what is different but My old copy of Voluptuous Vikki (V3) magnets works in P11 Pro. I lode V3, lode the magnets then load the catsuit and use the pose file on the suit and the magnets do their thing.

• Since the magnets go on Vic3, both the magnets and Vic3 have an internal figure number of 1 or close enough. So the bug would not appear. The pose file tells the magnets to then deform the catsuit. Wyrmmaster always does a good job.

cujo_the_man and I have magnets that should only affect the clothing, but Poser 11 is not behaving properly.

• @ghostship said in Poser 11 Magnet Workaround:

Not sure what is different but My old copy of Voluptuous Vikki (V3) magnets works in P11 Pro. I lode V3, lode the magnets then load the catsuit and use the pose file on the suit and the magnets do their thing.

If you're curious, this is the thread I started a couple months ago:

https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/1501/poser-11-loading-preset-magnets-to-wrong-figure