Poser library navigation jumping

• And what's more I can find my next pose / article while I'm waiting for a cloth sim to run!

• @tburzio Oh I agree, it should be fixed, but at least this way I've found a reasonable workaround that works fine in my FireFox, and yes, I just created a handy bookmark.

That said, I hadn't thought about opening different libraries in different tabs, so I may try that, though I'm not sure if I'd like it, so we shall see.

@amethystpendant One thing you should be aware of Amanda, if you create a browser bookmark, it will give you a Cannot Connect message in your browser tab if you don't already have Poser open, so make sure you load up Poser first before opening your library's bookmark. I forgot once, but no problem as I opened up Poser and then clicked the Try Again button in my browser, and the library opened up just fine.

I happen to like this as I now have much more room so I can have 4 or 5 folder icons across, instead of my usual one or possibly two, when using the library from within Poser.

• @wimvdb That tip will transform the way I work. Thank you!

• @wimvdb I'd forgotten about this -- this is excellent! I just pinned the tab in my browser and it works like a charm! Thank you! :D

• Poser Ambassadors

This library shortcut ... I love it ... I can adjust scale for my vision! Yeah!!!

• @Miss-B It doesn't work for me. Is this for Poser Pro only?

• Poser Ambassadors

@tburzio said in Hi there! from the Poser Team:

@Miss-B It doesn't work for me. Is this for Poser Pro only?

What OS are you on?
    It could be a pro only thing since it uses the external library feature and communication. If you look at the link you can see a path on the right. nonVirtualAssets.... This folder is located in the poser install folder in runtime/serverRoot.
    Check if that file and folder exists.
    If you are on the mac, the folders could be differently, so adjust that

• Works perfect for me!

Thanks.

• @wimvdb I found the file, but it's empty. How do you build this file? MacOS

file:///Applications/Poser%2011/Runtime/serverRoot/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/

• Poser Ambassadors

@tburzio said in Hi there! from the Poser Team:

@wimvdb I found the file, but it's empty. How do you build this file? MacOS

file:///Applications/Poser%2011/Runtime/serverRoot/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/

The files in that folder contain the actual library code (these are considered system files, so make sure you have the right to see them (that might be the reason for it not working on the mac).
    If the files are really not there, then it is likely a pro only feature. It is a set of html and script files and part of the program, so i cannot distribute them.

But check you user rights on that folder and files. Mac is different from Windows in this respect.

• @wimvdb I checked, yes, I can look at the files with "less" in a terminal. The user manual for Poser doesn't mention a server or networks for that matter, although half the manual appears to be advertising. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for them to

FIX IT! :-)

• @tburzio said in Hi there! from the Poser Team:

Getting to the JS and html files is not enough to run the library in browser.

Poser in background opens a light web-server, with virtual root being:
    http://127.0.0.1:11530/
    the rest is of the path points to where files are located "......../nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html"
    Also, Poser mini-web-server is used by the library to get necessary content data.

http://127.0.0.1:11530/ does not work for you, try another port, usually the firs next available port http://127.0.0.1:11531/

@wimvdb I found the file, but it's empty. How do you build this file? MacOS

It takes special tools and original source code to build this file.
    So, are you saying you have this file empty or what?
    Have you tried reinstalling Poser?

• @admin Well, my computer is 192.168.0.2, and I tried the next four ports. Does it spawn off a separate process? Poser 11 is running when I tried it... :-)

@admin Well, my computer is 192.168.0.2, and I tried the next four ports. Does it spawn off a separate process? Poser 11 is running when I tried it... :-)

Your computer may use 192.168.0.2 on LAN adapter, but Poser does not use external adapters , but internal IPv4 loopback address 127.0.0.1 a.k.a localhost.

does http://127.0.0.1:11530/ open anything in browser for you? or http://localhost:11530/
    PS: make sure you have Poser open first

Edit: have you got any useful notification in messages window in top right corner of Poser main window?

• @admin Ooo oooo ooo! I figured it out! On the Mac you need to install Adobe Air or it doesn't work! I installed, and now it works! Apparently, it's an emulator for cross platform software. I tried starting "Poser Library", and that's what it told me to do. Ta Da!

@admin Ooo oooo ooo! I figured it out! On the Mac you need to install Adobe Air or it doesn't work! I installed, and now it works! Apparently, it's an emulator for cross platform software. I tried starting "Poser Library", and that's what it told me to do. Ta Da!

O.o
    What Poser version are you using?

• @admin
    MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
    Poser 11 - 11.06.33735

By the way, the supplied "Poser Library" program in the App area is better than the web version. More tightly integrated.

• By the way, the supplied "Poser Library" program in the App area is better than the web version. More tightly integrated.

Oops, spoke too soon, the "Poser Library" search function doesn't work if you have more than one library location. Sigh... :-)

• Well, bad news guys. I got the web browser library tool working...
    ...drum roll...
    ...and it has the same menu jumping problem. I guess that's not unreasonable, as it's the same code. The good news is that it's in the JavaScript, not the Poser executable, if that matters...

PLEEEEEEEESE FEEEEEEX!!!!!!!! :-)