Poser library navigation jumping

• @tburzio said in Hi there! from the Poser Team:

Getting to the JS and html files is not enough to run the library in browser.

Poser in background opens a light web-server, with virtual root being:
    http://127.0.0.1:11530/
    the rest is of the path points to where files are located "......../nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html"
    Also, Poser mini-web-server is used by the library to get necessary content data.

http://127.0.0.1:11530/ does not work for you, try another port, usually the firs next available port http://127.0.0.1:11531/

@wimvdb I found the file, but it's empty. How do you build this file? MacOS

It takes special tools and original source code to build this file.
    So, are you saying you have this file empty or what?
    Have you tried reinstalling Poser?

• @admin Well, my computer is 192.168.0.2, and I tried the next four ports. Does it spawn off a separate process? Poser 11 is running when I tried it... :-)

@admin Well, my computer is 192.168.0.2, and I tried the next four ports. Does it spawn off a separate process? Poser 11 is running when I tried it... :-)

Your computer may use 192.168.0.2 on LAN adapter, but Poser does not use external adapters , but internal IPv4 loopback address 127.0.0.1 a.k.a localhost.

does http://127.0.0.1:11530/ open anything in browser for you? or http://localhost:11530/
    PS: make sure you have Poser open first

Edit: have you got any useful notification in messages window in top right corner of Poser main window?

• @admin Ooo oooo ooo! I figured it out! On the Mac you need to install Adobe Air or it doesn't work! I installed, and now it works! Apparently, it's an emulator for cross platform software. I tried starting "Poser Library", and that's what it told me to do. Ta Da!

@admin Ooo oooo ooo! I figured it out! On the Mac you need to install Adobe Air or it doesn't work! I installed, and now it works! Apparently, it's an emulator for cross platform software. I tried starting "Poser Library", and that's what it told me to do. Ta Da!

O.o
    What Poser version are you using?

• @admin
    MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
    Poser 11 - 11.06.33735

By the way, the supplied "Poser Library" program in the App area is better than the web version. More tightly integrated.

• By the way, the supplied "Poser Library" program in the App area is better than the web version. More tightly integrated.

Oops, spoke too soon, the "Poser Library" search function doesn't work if you have more than one library location. Sigh... :-)

• Well, bad news guys. I got the web browser library tool working...
    ...drum roll...
    ...and it has the same menu jumping problem. I guess that's not unreasonable, as it's the same code. The good news is that it's in the JavaScript, not the Poser executable, if that matters...

PLEEEEEEEESE FEEEEEEX!!!!!!!! :-)

• @tburzio LOL not laughing at you but laughing with you. I opened it up and looked at it briefly last night on my PC but did not get too deep into it to notice it having the same bug.

• This post is deleted!

• @tburzio said in Poser library navigation jumping:

...and it has the same menu jumping problem. I guess that's not unreasonable, as it's the same code. The good news

Yes, I have found it to be on only the first button click on any given tab then it works ok. I have gotten in the habit of automatically clicking when I open a library tab then doing what I need to do.. :-{

• On my Macbook Pro the poser html library actually switches ports it listens on to 2 different ports depending on when I open it. 11530 is one as described above the other is 49152 for me. It seems to switch back and forth each time it opens. So I actually need 2 tabs. If I open the tab and it is blank I just open the other.
    0_1490877275608_Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.22.59 AM.png
    0_1490877289672_Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.23.30 AM.png

how did I find this out?
    I set the flag on the poser prefs file [line 138: LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 0] to this [LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 1]

poser has to be closed when I do this or it will overwrite the file the way it was. Then I open poser and click on the library tab and it will open a box like shown above. I can then paste into the browser and save as a tab.

I can set it back to 0 after and still use the external tabs or the regular poser html library. Using the external library is pretty light only 50 mb more memory (with safari) than the poser library.

Where is the file?
    Macintosh HD/[Your Mac User Name]/Library/Application Support/Poser Pro/11/Poser Prefs

if you have the regular version not pro just remove the " Pro" in the link.

On pc it should be:
    C:\Users[Your Windows User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11\poser.ini

• @david_macrae The problem with that is after a search, you need to scroll down to find the results of the search, but when you click on the item you are sent back to where the previous selection occurred. Then, you go back to search, you need to scroll down to find the results of the search, but when you click on the item you are sent back to where the previous selection occurred. Then, you go back to search, you need to scroll down to find the results of the search, but when you click on the item you are sent back to where the previous selection occurred. Then, you go back to search, you need to scroll down to find the results of the search, but when you click on the item you are sent back to where the previous....

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! PLEEEEESE FEEEEEEXXXX!!!!! :-)

• I'm not able to reproduce the last one reported.

I'm currently experimenting with changes on some core/framework mechanisms for the library. Tons of core updates and fixes, hoping to finally fix the jumping bug, and I'm getting some mixed results. I get the bug on Chrome, but not on FF, IE or Chromium.

==========================
    Experimental library build:
    https://forum.smithmicro.com/assets/uploads/files/release-1.9.1.zip
    For enthusiasts only :)

• @admin I believe it's a focus thing. When you scroll the wheel in the window, it should generate a focus event as well as a move event. Since it doesn't, the first time you click (which DOES generate a focus event), the focus event handler runs. For some reason, a focus event does a redraw and puts the window back in the state it was before the focus was lost, including what was formerly selected. In the days before widgets, I'd have to write my own event handlers, and this is what it looks like. Just my opinion.

• I've used the in browser library a few times in Firefox. It seems to work ok. But in my message log, I get this error every time I open a different folder. Am I the only one?

ContentLibrary Error:
    date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:34:48 GMT
    linenumber: 2
    url: http://127.0.0.1:11530/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/dojo/dom-class.js?1490995988582
    callstack:

• @redphantom No you're not, the error log turns bright yellow as soon as I open my Library in Firefox.

Considering there's instructions within Poser on how to access the external library with a browser, you'd think it wouldn't give you that long list of "errors".

• @redphantom OK, I was wrong. I just checked and the error log doesn't start until you click on a folder or, in my case, choose which Runtime I want to access.

• I did install the Experimental library build and it did fix the issue of the cursor jumping to the top when trying to expand a selection by clicking on the arrow the first time in any given tab.

That is in mac os X yosemite

also my safari version is (Version 10.1)

So far the only issue I have had is occasionally the arrow to expand a selection will open and colapse rapidly instead of staying open.