Frames!

• This is probably going to be hard for me to explain.

I've never been big on using the frame tool to make frames. Yesterday I was trying to use it, but the tool snaps to the crop frame, all the way across the image. I'd like to put gutters around the image, but other than using the divide frame tool I can't find a way.

Even then, it only cuts a segment off of the currently selected frame, and not all of them. I tried selecting all the frames at once, but it didn't activate them all at the same time. There doesn't seem to be a way to merge them, or tell it to not snap to the crop mark (I've been exporting - inside the crop mark).

I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I'm not sure how.

• Nevermind, I think I figured it out. All I had to do was go to the tool options and turn off "snap to default border".

• Ok, new problem, I got the frames set up like I want them. However, I want action to break the frames, but when I paint over the frame, and put it over the frame in the layer list, it still shows a purple line where the frame border is. I thought it would go away when I exported, but it was still there. Is there a way to erase portions of a border?

• When you say that you can still see the purple line when exporting are you talking about the crop mark borders or the framing rulers?

• The framing ruler. I managed a workaround, but it's a bit of a hassle. I duplicated the panel layers, rasterized/merged them, and then erased the parts where the drawing overlapped. Then hid the original panel ruler layers.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.