Poser 11 freezing and crashing

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Jura,
    You're correct. It is a 980 Ti.
    My brain is not at it's best.
    I'll take it in tomorrow and let them fix it.
    First, I'll try those drivers.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee

Hi lululee

Please try install 376.09 as first as these drivers works beautifully on my GPUs tried like GTX1080 or GTX1070 and Titan X SC Maxwell

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Jura,
    Just installed the drivers.
    Hope this solves my problem.
    I thank you so much for your help.
    Off to try Poser.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• I hope updating the drivers solved it for you. These types of issues are the worst... I hate them so much.

• Poser Ambassadors

@johndoe641 said in Poser 11 freezing and crashing:

I hope updating the drivers solved it for you. These types of issues are the worst... I hate them so much.
    Hi,
    Yes, this is not a fun process.
    Unfortunately the driver update did not solve the problem. At this point the computer is crashing without any programs running.
    I have an appointment tomorrow for a complete physical diagnostic from the store that built the computer so I am hopeful they will find the solution and I will be up and rendering very soon.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• Ug, sorry to hear that lulu.

Does your mobo or cpu have integrated graphics you can try instead of the 980ti? If your ram is good and the hd tests seemed ok, it could simply be a power supply not being able to fully support the needed voltage to the video card.

Also, if you can look inside your case and let me know if they actually plugged in the 8+8 molex spots on the top of the video card. You could be getting the same errors you're seeing when even one of the molex isn't supplying power.

• Poser Ambassadors

@johndoe641 said in Poser 11 freezing and crashing:

Ug, sorry to hear that lulu.

Does your mobo or cpu have integrated graphics you can try instead of the 980ti? If your ram is good and the hd tests seemed ok, it could simply be a power supply not being able to fully support the needed voltage to the video card.

Also, if you can look inside your case and let me know if they actually plugged in the 8+8 molex spots on the top of the video card. You could be getting the same errors you're seeing when even one of the molex isn't supplying power.

I am not sure what any of those cables are. I have no experience with opening up the computer. Tomorrow the technicians will look at it.
    I got this free software ["WhoCrashed" http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed_help.htm](link url)
    I think the read out shows it must have something to do with the video card.
    Hopefully the technicians will be able to sort it out quickly.

"WhoCrashed" analysis
    5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 378.78 , NVIDIA Corporation)

• @lululee

Hi lululee

If driver reinstall didn't fixed that, then I would check HDD as first and use SFC/ scannow

Have look on this how to do it

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Try this as first and agree with PSU as well this can cause that, but usually this you will get with any load applied on GPU

Do you have installed any game or can you try install this if PC passes this?

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-applications/Unigine-Heaven-2/downloads

If they replaced HDD then I wouldn't rule out HDD issue which is common too, due this I recommend switching to SSD, they're now cheap and keep normal HDD for files and runtimes etc

Hope this helps and best of luck

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

Hello my friends,
    I am now back with my computer functional and behaving properly.
    It was a RAM problem.
    My computer had RAM by 2 different companies. It seems they weren't playing nice together hence the freezing, memory loss causing crashes etc.
    Also due to the crashes it seems there was some extra baggage in the os. Once they cleaned it up and replaced the RAM all is well.

I truly thank all of the people who helped me troubleshoot and gave us all those wonderful links to the different utilities.

It really is so rewarding to work with all of you in this forum. I learned so much from you and I have deep respect for the quality of expertise you bring to this forum.
    It is a joy to work with you and we have a top quality forum because of all of you.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee While I didn't contribute, as anything I would have suggested had already been said, I am very glad that you got it sorted out. :)

• Poser Ambassadors

@lululee Yes, that certainly could cause problems
    Glad they figured it out!