Shifting painting to the other side of the canvas

• I'd like to shift the image to the other side of the canvas, with pixels warping.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/xUPGcMpMOXqve3iFbi

See the gif for reference.

How do I do it?

• I have no idea what you're asking. Are you asking about tiling an image or animating an image?

• Nop, sorry for not being clear.
    I want to offset the image and wrap it arround, as showed in the gif.
    This would be usefull to create textures that have continuous borders

• You want to tile the image.

http://www.clip-studio.com/site/gd_en/csp/userguide/csp_userguide/500_menu/500_menu_file_read_patern_pic.htm?rhsearch=tile&rhsyns=

You can also do this by making the image a material and setting it to tile in the material dialog box.

Edit>Register as Material.

• mmmh, this just let me make a pattern from an image. It's not what I wanted.

Just look at the first 2 seconds of the gif I previously sent

• If you create a material from the image, then you can set it to tile. When you drag the material onto the canvas you will see a bounding box. That bounding box is the original image; the rest is tiling. You can drag that box around with the Object tool.

• Isn't there a way to tile a layer? and keep drawing on it while tiled?

With clip studio you have the chance to make animations... but how do you do a parallax movement of a background of a running scene, if you cannot connect the lines at the opposite sides of it?
    Let's make it more complicated: what if you also want to animate the background?

• When animating a parallax, you would place the background on one animation layer and animate the movement slower than the middle and fore grounds.

Make a selection of the entire canvas (Edit>Register as Material>Image) then choose Tiling, Repeat and Only Horizontal.

Drag this onto your canvas. Drag the bounding box left or right horizontally.

No - I don't think you can draw on it and have it tile automatically.

• But I suppose you wouldn't even need to make it a Material. Importing as a pattern allows you to also set repeating to Horizontal Only. You could also draw your background on a separate canvas then import it as a File Object. Then set that to tile repeating only horizontally. If you draw anything on the background canvas you could update the file object in your animation file.

• mmmh, This sounds a bit laborious.
    I see there is no straight forward function like the offset of photoshop. Thanks anyway.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.