Top sites to purchase Poser Content

• Given the comments on my good news thread, I'd be interested to hear your choices for best sites to buy Poser content. Perhaps your top three. By "Best sites", I mean

1. Range of products
    2. Decent quality
    3. Quality control
    4. Usability of store

If you want to add and state your additional criteria (such as security), feel free to do so. I'm not experienced in many sites, so I'll risk looking like a noob and go first:

1. DAZ3D
    2. Renderosity
    3. CG Bytes

Used to love RDNA but it didn't have enough new content.

1. DAZ

2. Rendo

3. Various artists' personal sites, e.g. Ali, Sparky, Xurge, etc.

• I use lots of sites and each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.
    As far as general use is concerned,

1. Hivewire, like their points scheme
    2. Renderosity
    3. Most others
      equal last, Content Paradise (annoys me by keep putting the extended download in my basket which I have to remember to delete, even does it when I'm just downloading a freebie) and DAZ (don't like the way their content is packaged such that I can't use "install from zip archive" to install it.)

For range of products, depends on what I'm looking for.
    I go to Hivewire first for Dawn and Dusk stuff, Rendo for general props and scenes, DAZ for oldstuff for DAZ figures (DAZ gen 3 and 4 figures) and CP for stuff for the older SM figures.

Quality of products is more to do with individual vendors than the sites.

QC, well CP doesn't seem to have any, but have had problems with all of the others at one time or another. Problems have all eventually been dealt with, but products with missing files etc have slipped through.

• I hardly buy stuff. Does that count? Clothing I make myself. I have plenty other stuff laying around that I can convert for the figures I use. If I buy anything it is hair, utilities and character and morph sets.
    Hair I buy because it is too difficult to for me to make myself and older models are not always good or easy to re-texture. I must confess that DAZ is my main supplier for hair. Their normal pricing is ridiculous so I go there only if things are on deep sale and then I am quite critical. Their store suffocates me. Nothing personal, just my bad.
    Utilities I buy just where they are available, preferably at the maker's own site to sure they get the biggest share of my money.
    Character an morph sets for the figures I use come at Content Paradise, Hivewire and Mankahoo, sometimes at Rendo.

• Almost all my content purchases are from Hivewire. I rarely purchase at DAZ and only deeply discounted stuff I can convert with HCS or Crossdresser for Hivewire figures. I never even load up other figures and I have never purchased anything for a Genesis figure.

I buy at Manahkoo all the time and at Xurge as often as something comes out.

I don't buy at Renderosity nor at Content Paradise mostly because of low quality products, but at Rendo even the good quality vendors are not worth risking my credit card being compromised again.

• In addition to all stores already mentioned, I do also shop at Yurdigital for Poser content. Also Content Paradise.

• Thank you for sharing your thoughts all. Fascinating to read your reasoning and preferences. Interesting to see two of you referencing Manahkoo, a site I'd never even heard of. It's not showing up in a Google search - anyone care to post a link please?

• @F_Verbaas said in Top sites to purchase Poser Content:

Clothing I make myself.
    Hair I buy because it is too difficult to for me to make myself and older models are not always good or easy to re-texture.

Wow you find it easier to make clothes than hair? I've not yet made either but I'm surprised by that.

I share your sentiment about buying from the vendor's own site given the opportunity.

• @matb said in Top sites to purchase Poser Content:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts all. Fascinating to read your reasoning and preferences. Interesting to see two of you referencing Manahkoo, a site I'd never even heard of. It's not showing up in a Google search - anyone care to post a link please?

http://www.mankahoo.com/index.php

• @Glitterati3D Thanks very much Glitterati!

• @Glitterati3D Oh wow, that's the operson who does all those hair styles? Double happy. Thanks again!

• @matb Yes, Ali at Renderosity. And they are cheaper than at Rendo if you buy directly.

• @Glitterati3D Yes, I too buy Ali's hair products at his site, then if I want an add-on texture set, I go back to Renderosity to see what's available. There's a couple/three hair texture artists that often texture his hair products, and his most recent styles have a fit for Dawn. ~wink~ His older styles I convert with Joe's Hair Conversion System.

• @Miss-B Yeah, I love that he's started adding Dawn fits. I'm getting spoiled with his hairs and look there first if I need something special for a render.

• @matb I use Marvelous Designer and clothign items are dynamic or hybrid. There is some zero $$ stuff by me in Content Paradise, and some on Rendo.

• @Glitterati3D Yes I noticed how very affordable they are. Fantastic find. Respected his/her stuff for years. Thanks again!

• @F_Verbaas I'd really love to know how to use Marvellous but it seems like such a steep learning curve. How long did it take for you to get a handle on? Thanks for the links. Love the batik shirt and summer thingie!

• @Miss-B Joe's hair conversion system?

• @matb HCS by Netherworks. Was on RDNA, now on HW.

• @matb
    I jumped on the waggon when MD2 was introduced I think it was somewhere in 2011. My learning curve was determined by the program development. today will be much more easy. I need to un-learn workarounds around shorcomings that have been solved. LOL!
    However I do not want to derail this thread. If there is interest for it I can make a small course Poser and MD6.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.