EZCloth Settings

• I've been thinking, a lot of the clumpiness with this is trying to identify the Simulation, basically PoserPython does not expose the current simulation therefore to get the sim to apply anything to I need to get the current actor and loop through all the simulations until I find the one with that actor as a cloth object. Would it be better to have 2 select lists at the top of the window, one listing all the simulations, when you select the simulation in the first, the second lists all the cloth actors in that simulation (usually only one, but can be multiples) Then when you apply the code selects that actor so the sim becomes the active simulation. When the apply is done I can reselect the previously selected actor. It still isn't perfect but might be better than how it works at the moment.

I can't however select the dynamic group to apply to, this just isn't exposed at all. (unless someone knows a way to get the pane from the au manager, get the widget that is the dynamic group drop down, read the available list and select the one we want?)

• Poser Ambassadors

@amethystpendant Awesome. Thank you so much.

• @amethystpendant . Thank you for sharing

• @amethystpendant said in EZCloth Settings:

... PoserPython does not expose the current simulation ...

This is the problem I had when I tried to write a simulation timer script. Your idea of searching for it hadn't occurred to me.

Would it be better to have 2 select lists at the top of the window, one listing all the simulations, when you select the simulation in the first, the second lists all the cloth actors in that simulation

This is how svdl's old script works. I thought it rather clunky until I tried to tinker myself, when I began to appreciate why he'd done it that way!

• @englishbob Does the timer suit your needs?

• @amethystpendant said in EZCloth Settings:

@englishbob Does the timer suit your needs?

Where are my manners? My apologies, I haven't got around to trying the script yet. I definitely will - I think I'm done messing about with dragons now - and I think my next project will involve cloth simulation. But first, Happy Easter, and once again thank you for making this!

@F_Verbaas Thanks for the dynamic dragon wings suggestion, by the way. Noted for future experimentation. "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." :)

• I've now moved on to a project that involves cloth simulation, so I can at last use your script - and it's great to have that ease of setting back again.

The timer is also very useful, and I remember why I wanted it now. Cloth self-collision sends simulation times sky-high.

Thanks again!

• Thank you so much for this!

• @amethystpendant Thanks so much!!

• @dannistories Glad you found it useful

Amanda

• I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, but I have some concerns/questions about this. For one, it seems to have stopped working for me in the latest version. Not sure why. But the main thing is, can we get the presets included with the release? The main reason I found this was that I was looking for some presets for cloth, and this script came up.

• Poser Ambassadors

Check out in Poser 11 (I have Pro - so I don't know if it's included in P11 too)
    -> Materials / Cloth Room Presets
    I never use them, but that might be helpful for you.

• @Nephanor click on the gear on the toolbar and it will ask if you want to load defaults, click yes and the defaults that PhilC originally made will be loaded in to the presets.

Amanda

• Oooo, thanks Amanda! That solves the problem of the presets, just need to figure out why it's not working. I wonder if it's because I had multiple simulations and it didn't know which one to apply it to.

• @Nephanor If you have more than one simulation in a scene, EZCloth works out which one you mean by looking at the object you have selected; so always select the cloth you want to work on before trying to do anything. EZCloth will pick this up dynamically so you can swap from one to another if you want.

This is not the way Poser does it, of course; but Poser Python appears not to have the required methods.