Yet more good news for Poser

• @matb said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@wandw They came with some kind of unlocker thing if you download manually. I just used install manager.

DIM versions are NOT encrypted. Only pure Connect products are, and it's very small list.

• @wandw Okay, I'm a little confused now. What's daz connect?

• @adi said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@matb said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@James_in_3D That was exactly the suggestion. Just bought michael 7 and he did not export via CR2.Tried several different parameters but so far no luck. More things to try yet. We'll see.

Hi.

Michael 7 won’t work in poser as an exported cr2 directly from daz studio because he is based on Genesis 3, which uses a different rigging system and Dual Quaternion weight maps which Poser doesn’t support.

You would need to convert M7 to the Genesis 2 rigging with willdial and Lululees' - Genesis 3 Poser Updater – which you can download from Renderosity - https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144?&AID=408

I tried their Genesis 3 Poser Updater thing after it came out. I use macOS and despite following the convoluted instructions I couldn't get it to work. Trying to get it to work was more trouble than seemed worth it.

Maybe they've updated or changed things in the past year though.

• @James_in_3D Yep, tried it on Mac as well. Even with the updated version of the Genesis 3 Poser updater facial bones did not work as they should. To makes things worth, there is a fifty-fifty chance that DSON does freeze or crash Poser 11 when importing Genesis 3 clothes. In short: its a no go on Mac. Luckily i have no need for Genesis dolls :)

• @nagra_00_ Sorry to hear it didn't work for you either. :(

I don't really have need of using Genesis figures either. I do like having the option of using a variety of figures though, and that is one of the things I've always loved about Poser.

• If you really want to use G3F with G2F rigging on a Mac in Poser and the complicated way means the facial bones don't work, you can get the same thing much easier. Purchase the G3F clone for G2F at DAZ, apply it to G2F, export the cr2, and convert it to native using Netherworks Creator's Toybox. DSON will never mess with your Mac again, and you will have the DAZ-approved precise projection of the G3F form.

• @matb said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@wandw Okay, I'm a little confused now. What's daz connect?

It's the integrated content management system in DAZ Studio 4.9...
    EDIT; this is a better link
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65509/daz-connect-faq/p1

The files for DAZ Connect are available for downloading for use on computers that are off the Internet. The DIM compatible zip files for unencrypted content are also available in the Product Library for downloading to use in other apps, or for those (like me!) who don't use DAZ Connect and disable the DAZ Content Management Service....

• @adi I have been trying to convert my Michael 7 watching Wildial's excellent webinar and haven't been able to get Michael 7 converted. I FINALLY somehow got my G3 female to work, but most of the [many] cr2's I created would not convert, including the G3male figure. I am very frustrated. I made some subsets with converted clothing, and none of them will convert [G3 figure is included and fitted with clothing from G3, G2, and Genesis, and Growing Up morphs]. I wish someone who's already converted the G3 male would post the converted figure on ShareCG or someplace!
    But that won't help me with hair and clothing [big sigh]. I wish someone would just, just, update the DSON please!!

• @dannistories

Hi, I haven't watched the webinar - I used the pdf tutorials from the utility download page - https://www.renderosity.com/render-daz-genesis-3-in-poser-cms-18144?&AID=408

I have just this minute followed the pdf tutorial again using Daz Studio 4.9.3.166 and Poser 11 Pro just to make sure it all still works -
    I saved and convert the default Genesis 3 Male, Michael 7, Carson and Elijah 7 in Daz Studio.
    Then re-saved them in Poser and converted them using the Genesis 3 Poser Updater and all of them work in poser.

Clothing and hair can be hit and miss and there can be many reason for items not working.

Unfortunately converted items cannot be shared on ShareCG etc as Daz 3D will not allow it.

Daz 3D are also the only people who can update the DSON Importer as it belongs to them.

• Poser Ambassadors

Something is different in DS. My PC went black before eastern and I put it in Service. Got new Harddrive, Motherboard.
    Installing everything back, my DS runtime did not work anymore as excepted. Had to download many stuff new Via DIM.
    All the Genesis character morphs and Genesis by his own. Don't know really why.

• @caisson

Hi guys, I've been laid up in the hospital for the past three weeks with congested heart failure. So picking this conversation back up where i left off...
    Nothing's wrong with a company wanting to protect it's digital property, but something has to be done about companies holding property that's been bought and paid for by customers as hostage. I can't legally pass on any digital items i have to any of my heirs for example.

• @eclark18941 That's sad! I think you should be able to leave them to your heirs. Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital, especially for so long! Hope you are feeling better than you were, at least. Chronic stuff is the pits. Very glad to see you back on the forum :)

• @eclark18941 said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@caisson

Hi guys, I've been laid up in the hospital for the past three weeks with congested heart failure. So picking this conversation back up where i left off...
    Nothing's wrong with a company wanting to protect it's digital property, but something has to be done about companies holding property that's been bought and paid for by customers as hostage. I can't legally pass on any digital items i have to any of my heirs for example.

Tell that to Kindle. Tell that to Apple. You don't own any of those books or tunes. DAZ is just the next version. I think of them as the Monsanto of the 3D world.

• @adi Thanks! I will try going by the written tutorials. Maybe I missed stuff on the webinar.... but I need the clothing and hair. If it's hit or miss, maybe I should just sit down and learn DAZ to use the Gen 3 stuff. Maybe I'll just use other figures for my book covers ><

• @eclark18941 Sending some positive vibes your way, brother!

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark18941 Hope you recover soon. Take care :)

• @eclark18941 You don't necessarily have the right to pass on digital items to your heirs unless it is granted.

Licenses from many companies will state if a license is transferable or not (if it is 'non-transferable' then no, you can't).

Digital items like Poser content aren't the same thing as music. You purchase a license to music to enjoy, but not to 'perform'. We can use Poser content to create commercial works (or your own pleasure, etc), and that's a special grant to you.

• @piersyf said in Yet more good news for Poser:

Tell that to Kindle. Tell that to Apple. You don't own any of those books or tunes. DAZ is just the next version. I think of them as the Monsanto of the 3D world.

Monsanto is just about gone; purchased by Bayer... ;)

• @wandw said in Yet more good news for Poser:

@piersyf said in Yet more good news for Poser:

Monsanto is just about gone; purchased by Bayer... ;)

wow. They can package their poison in pill form instead of spraying it on our food.

• @meshbox
    My reference was more to digital items like music, and software. to be honest, I'm not sure where things like books come in.