These Forums

• If this is posted in the wrong place would a mod please move it?

In my years of experience in web design, I have have used a lot of different forum software and what irks me about this particular forum is :-

"Do I really need 28 reminders that someone has posted in the 'Post Your SuperFly Renders' thread'?

Most of the forum software I have used has to the option to only send one notification until you actually visit the thread.

No Joke yesterday there was 28 notifications of posts in the 'Post Your SuperFly Renders', and that was just from overnight, as I host 3 sites believe me I have enough spam to wade through each day without having to delete X number of messages on the same topic from this forum.

Can this notification option be investigated please?

If it is already there and I can't find the setting in my forum dashboard then please accept my apologies.

• Poser Ambassadors

I requested a correction of this (because it is a usability error, no doubt about it) from day one. As well from Rendo who can't do it right.

At least these guys aren't writing their own forum software, so it's moderately tolerable to see it not get fixed.

Meanwhile I suggest you skip the individual email notifications altogether. Instead, use the red flag up top that shows updated threads you are watching. It updates in real time so you can just leave the browser open and glance at it now and then.

0_1492029249408_upload-326e478c-435a-4a82-95fe-717fd28025c6

When it's there, click it - only the new threads are listed, and a single click in each takes you to the first new post you haven't read (most of the time).

• Poser Ambassadors

@tastiger said in These Forums:

...would a mod please move it?

I moved it to Comments and Feedback for you.

I did what BB suggested and just turn the notifications off.

• Thanks folks - not an ideal solution but will do for now, until we we see if they powers that be can get their act together, I can't believe there isn't such a setting in the back-end of whatever Forum software this is.

Can I ask what Forum software it is as I would like to do an install myself on one of my test platforms and have a poke about and see exactly what settings there are.

• Poser Ambassadors

@tastiger said in These Forums:

Can I ask what Forum software it is as I would like to do an install myself on one of my test platforms and have a poke about and see exactly what settings there are.

NodeBB

Main Site

GitHub repository

Additional Plugins

Manual (pdf 3/17)

• Good Grief - for what it costs I would expect a multitude of options - all the bells and whistles of much cheaper or even free software.

I don't think I'll bother with the 14 day free trial but will have a look through the manual.