How did you become a photoshoper?

• Poser Ambassadors

1. On & off since v2 (1992 I think)
    2. Intermediate
    3. No
    4. Editing my own photos & renders

1. Version 6 I think. Prior to that I used other programs. Worked in printing for a while.
    2. Advanced. I did typeset layouts for proprietary systems, plate burners, gravure (Monolith, Harris, etc)
    3. Nope
    4. Photos, renders, vector stuff, etc.

I have tagged your thread as well, that way it will come up in the search on the site easier.
    Welcome to our corner of the net.

1. I've been using Photoshop since version 5.5.
    2. Intermediate+, though not sure if I would call myself a Pro.
    3. No.
    4. I started with other 2D graphics software and switched to Photoshop because I wanted/needed more tools. Most of what I've used it for over the years is either web design elements for clients, and more recently, finalizing my 3D graphic renders done with various 3D applications.

• This post is deleted!

• CS 3
    Advanced
    Working at retouch service.
    I like to edit photos. That's how I earn money :)

1. Late 90's
    2. General Pro [but not esoteric Pro]
    3. No, but use it daily for personal and occasional freelance
    4. Event documents, conceptual design, art, and animation

1. Since PS1(?)
    2. Pro
    3. You bet, full time...at least until I retired last year, and I still do part time stuff for fun.
    4. Did a lot of technical imagery for engineering trials and damage reports. Also threw in some shots/animations /graphics for technical training courses. At home I took great pleasure in putting famous ladies heads on other peoples bodies in compromising positions. I now (that I have the time) make high resolution HDRI panoramas when I travel.

• Poser Ambassadors

1. Since version 6
    2. Intermediate
    3. No
    4. Edit, Photomanipulation, before I use Substance painter, I also make my texture sets for my 3D products in Photoshop.
      No not so much anymore, just a few small details which are left over from Substance.

• thanks, this is very useful information! I can't wait to be able to use it in practice.

1. Hmm...I'm betraying my age but I've been using Photoshop since version 3.0. It came with my desktop scanner way back in 1994. I still use it today, almost daily, to create/edit artwork used in animated TV shows, and to create matte paintings for film and tv vfx work. I have a zillion other uses for Photoshop. I also use Photoshop to finalize artwork with other programs. Like my comics, for example, which are originally created using Clip Studio Paint. Or I'll use Photoshop to create artwork to rig and animate in programs like Moho Pro.

2. Expert. (At least, by now, I hope I am) :)

3. Yes, full time. Although Photoshop is only one of dozens of programs I use daily.

4. To me, Photoshop is a powerful 'general purpose' program, so I'm not sure I have a favorite use for it. But after all this time, I still find brand new uses for the program.