How did you become a photoshoper?
Hello, guys. I'm one of the editors of a wedding retouching blog, and I have a task to write an article about people's choice to work as retouchers. If there are someone who uses PS well, please respond. Answer the following questions:
- How long you are in PS?
- Mark your skills level (Beginner, Intermediate, Pro)
- Do you have a job related to editing photos? (if yes, freelance or full time job)
- What is your favorite type of work in PS? (creating wallpapers, edit wedding photos, etc)
10 years plus
No, but I use it daily for my own business and used to teach
Making posters, flyers, and advertising material
- On & off since v2 (1992 I think)
- Editing my own photos & renders
- Version 6 I think. Prior to that I used other programs. Worked in printing for a while.
- Advanced. I did typeset layouts for proprietary systems, plate burners, gravure (Monolith, Harris, etc)
- Photos, renders, vector stuff, etc.
I have tagged your thread as well, that way it will come up in the search on the site easier.
Welcome to our corner of the net.
- I've been using Photoshop since version 5.5.
- Intermediate+, though not sure if I would call myself a Pro.
- I started with other 2D graphics software and switched to Photoshop because I wanted/needed more tools. Most of what I've used it for over the years is either web design elements for clients, and more recently, finalizing my 3D graphic renders done with various 3D applications.
This post is deleted!
Working at retouch service.
I like to edit photos. That's how I earn money :)
- Late 90's
- General Pro [but not esoteric Pro]
- No, but use it daily for personal and occasional freelance
- Event documents, conceptual design, art, and animation
- Since PS1(?)
- You bet, full time...at least until I retired last year, and I still do part time stuff for fun.
- Did a lot of technical imagery for engineering trials and damage reports. Also threw in some shots/animations /graphics for technical training courses. At home I took great pleasure in putting famous ladies heads on other peoples bodies in compromising positions. I now (that I have the time) make high resolution HDRI panoramas when I travel.
- Since version 6
- Edit, Photomanipulation, before I use Substance painter, I also make my texture sets for my 3D products in Photoshop.
No not so much anymore, just a few small details which are left over from Substance.