EZBBHair

• @amethystpendant
    Yup,I've tried to run with no figure,added figure and hair and voila everything is working,thanks again for yours help Amanda

Thanks,Jura

• Thanks this is great.

• Brilliant script! great to see BB and Snarly performing their magic still! :)

I've sort-of been trying to create some solutions for work, for which I'm learning Angular 2. Not your grand-dad's Javascript, definitely. Between that and my usual clinical work, not much time for fun stuff. Had a go with EZ-Skin3 and BB-SuperrFly shader. Works a treat as long as you have hair objects selected. I did get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\POSER\EZSkin 3\EZSkin3.py", line 5612, in Apply
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 11 Content\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\EZSkin\BBHairShader\BB SuperrFly Hair.py", line 84, in BuildShader
    method(mat, p)
    File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser 11 Content\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\EZSkin\BBHairShader\BB SuperrFly Hair.py", line 187, in MakeBBHair
    TranImage=mat.GetMap('transparency').InputByInternalName('Image_Source').Value()
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'InputByInternalName'

but perhaps it because I was trying to apply a hair shader to a hair clip. When I set that and Preview to ignore, the script ran happily.

My, what an elegant shader! Dunno how long I tried to produce something nice, myself... I know I spent days and days coding those "shaders". But this? blows all of that completely away. Now, if only I can cobble together something similar for Blender... ;-)

• Hi @RobynsVeil glad you found it useful. I've uploaded a new version that will deal with the error you got when the shader you were working on did not have a transparency. New BB SuperrFly Hair Plugin

• @amethystpendant I've very impressed, AmethystP, thank you very, very much!

...(not to mention envious... I'm trying to get my head around Angular 2 -- taking a Udemy Course -- and I'm finding TypeScript rough going, so much prefer Python!) :-/

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Amanda,
    Thanks so much for the valuable gift.
    I'm downloading now.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee Great, please let me know how you get on with it.

Amanda

• @amethystpendant After running the script the transmaps revert to default gamma 2.2 (use gamma value from render settings.) Can this be fixed? Gamma 1.0 is the correct gamma to use for Superfly.

• @ghostship Really sorry about that! As in the original I simply applied a mat file it wasn't a problem! Fixed Version of the EZSkin3 plugin. If you are using the original standalone app I would suggest moving to the plugin

Amanda

• @amethystpendant Thanks! I am using the plugin.

• @amethystpendant An idea: Create two shaders. Shader one will have the hairs going up and down and shader two will have the hairs going right to left. This way you could load in the appropriate shader for the zone and save the definition. Still would not work for hair with mixed directions such as Fabiana's KiriTe.

• @ghostship said in EZBBHair:

@amethystpendant An idea: Create two shaders. Shader one will have the hairs going up and down and shader two will have the hairs going right to left. This way you could load in the appropriate shader for the zone and save the definition. Still would not work for hair with mixed directions such as Fabiana's KiriTe.

So have bb_vHair and bb_hHair mats, yep that's doable. I also tried KiriTe and it was a bomb, lovely mesh but doesn't lend its self to this shader :(

• @amethystpendant That's too bad, as I love KiriTe II, and use it often.

• @amethystpendant

Thank you so much for this add-on. I've just started to explore it and I have to say that it's awesome.
    Here on the left: using EZSkin3's Superfly, and the right: using EZBBHair.
    alt text

• @Y-Phil Hey It's good to see you back on!
    I'd suggest using a different texture map that does not have the burnt in highlights or try the procedural method for texturing with that shader.

• @ghostship

Yes: it's cool to have at least a little free time :D
    That being said: you are absolutely right for the texture, but it's doing miracles with the default one.
    A true pleasure for me ;-)

• Finally found time to play with this. Very nice...

Scott hair before and after. The color is not a perfect match, but you get the idea.

0_1497923291663_Scott-Hair-side-by-side.jpg

• and another. Alex Hair.
    0_1497956498459_Alex Hair BB Shader.png

• @amethystpendant Sadly I am not having the same kind of luck as everybody else here. The one hair model that I've tried it, it does not appear to work at all.

My first question - On the main screen of EZ Skin 3, under the section titled "Process", do you need to have one, some, none, or all of the Processes checked off?

• @mr_phoenyxx 1) you need to know before running the script if the hair maps run vertical or horizontal, there are controls for selecting which way the procedural strands run. if the maps are mixed direction you'd want to avoid using the procedural strands and stick with the texture maps for the hair.

1. each model is unique and the script needs to n ow what it's looking at. There is an edit button that gets you a section for setting up the script so it knows where to place the various shaders. You can save this setup as a figure definition so you won't have to go through that every time you load that particular hair model.
      3)it is possible that the script is confused by the initial hair shader setup as it has to find the color and transparency maps and may also encounter other maps that are on the original like spec and bump maps. It might be confused. In this case I would manualy strip everything down on the original shader down to just the basic texture and trans maps plugged into the Poser surface. It should be able to figure out that and create a new shader for you then.