EZMatHelper

• Hi,

Now that I've released EZCloth Settings and the EZSkin3 plugin for @bagginsbill's hair shader. I thought my next project could be an app to help with Mat settings. How often have people changed say the Diffuse colour on the shader root of one mat zone and then had to go through each zone to make the same change, or altered the roughness of a specular node? I know it's something I do a lot. I was looking at @bagginsbill's Parmatic and thought, why just limit something to PM and PMC type variables? So my idea is to have a check box list of Nodes for the current Mat, a list of other material zones in the same Prop / Figure and have a copy method that copies the settings of the current maerial's selected nodes to all the other selected zones, if of course the node exists. Thoughts anyone?

Amanda

• There are paid scripts that can do it or something similar enough, but free alternative will be good to have too.

Expected difficulties:
    @amethystpendant said in EZMatHelper:

have a copy method that copies the settings of the current maerial's selected nodes to all the other selected zones, if of course the node exists.
    In my experience XS sometimes has problems with it. Naming convention is still the best way IMHO.

Also: there are problems with compaund nodes. If you change input values of a compound node via script, the inner values will not change. (In last P11 SR on Win at least.)
    So you will need additional input nodes plugged in the compaund node for this.

• @phdubrov Thanks for the info, most helpful, but I'm guessing it's not something that would be worth my time making available, so I'll shelve this as a product idea.