Transparency Map in Cycles Surface with AddClosure

• Hello

I have a understanding issue in CyclesSurface. How can I use transparency Maps. I want to make translucent leafs with transparency map.

Everything works logical till I try to add the DiffuseBsdf with the TransulcentBsdf after I have added them with the transparency Map. Is it not possible to add tranparency maps two times? In my case it losts it's full transparency if I use the AddClosure. If I use the MixClosure it works how you can see on the pic below.

On this pic you can see it works with MixClosure, but with AddClosure it losts a part of transparency. Maybe there is an other way to make this?

0_1493189510046_transparency cycles.JPG

• Sorry, I found out. I just have to add the transparecyMap at last :-D

• You want to use a mix closure, not add closures.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ghostship said in Transparency Map in Cycles Surface with AddClosure:

You want to use a mix closure, not add closures.

This is incorrect. You use Add closure when combining two mutually exclusive effects.

The DiffuseBsdf only reacts to light on the "front" of the surface. The TranslucentBsdf only reacts to light on the "back" of the surface. The surface should present both effects in full measure and so they should be combined using Add, not Mix.

For more explanation and demonstrations in SuperFly go to:

https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/1580/we-need-a-hair-shader-like-this-for-poser-shader-gurus/138?page=7

Back up a page or two for the same treatment in FireFly.

• Thank you :-)

Yes I want to use AddClosure. But in my case MixClosure was ok bcause the leaves was to bright.
    But now I found out how to make transparent Map with AddClosures. I just add the transparent map at last with all other Addclosures.