Silo 2.3.1 (32/64bit, Win/OSX) on sale for $60! (usually $160)

• Poser Ambassadors

SM has Silo on sale for $60 until May 3rd.

• Experiences with Silo 2.3.1, anyone?

• Poser Ambassadors

They fixed some bugs which were in 2.3, and now, in 2.3.1, Silo can run 64bit, allowing for big projects (Tink's Cafe', Stargate Atlantis gate room).
    Silo is my go-to program for modeling. You can also UV map in it. It's good for someone who wants to learn to model, because the UI is pretty simple; yet there is depth there, if you grow into it.
    Love my Silo! hug

Silo will also run on Linux.
    One license allows installation on three machines (you can mix bitness and OSes).

There are Silo UI presets available to mimic the shortcuts and tool layout of 3dsMax, Maya, C4D, and LightWave.

• Poser Ambassadors

Silo import formats:

• sib - Silo binary
    • sia - Silo ASCII
    • obj - Wavefront Object
    • dxf - (Elefont 3D text, AutoCAD, e.g.)
    • 3ds
    • fac
    • stl - (for 3D printers)

export formats:

• sib - Silo binary
    • sia - Silo ASCII
    • obj - Wavefront Object
    • dxf
    • 3ds
    • fac
    • stl - (for 3D printers)
    • pov
    • rib

• Nevercenter offers a free 30 days trial: http://nevercenter.com/silo/
    The SM offer does not stand that long but if you like me want to see before you buy there's your chance to try at least for a few days.
    BTW price of Silo at Nevercenter is USD 109.-

• @F_Verbaas And that's a sale price, as I think the full price is usually around $159. I grabbed 2.3 a while back when MacHeist had it for a really inexpensive price (don't recall now how much), and since I'm on a PC, I essentially bought the license from them, and then just went to Nevercenter to download the PC version.

I've since upgraded it to 2.3.1, and yes, it's now 64-bit. ~smile~

I usually use Blender for modeling, but have always had a hard time modeling clothing with it, but have had some success doing so with Silo. The interface is nice and clean, and I can't think (off-hand) of anything it doesn't do well.

• I use Silo a lot. It's a quick, no-fuss modeler. It has not quite as much features as Hexagon, but it's stable (as long as I don't do booleans with complicated models, that's one thing Silo does not like) and quick.

Try it, at least it works for me.

By the way, it may be a good idea to get a good button set for Silo, in my opinion it helps to get into the programm. If you have a big screen you may try Vashers full button set for Silo 2.05 - works with the actual version as well.

http://nevercenter.com/silo3d/wiki/index.php?title=Button_Themes

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.