is it safe to install new NVIDIA drivers?

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi,
    I just got a notice that there are new NVIDIA drivers ready.
    Does anyone know if they are safe to install in Poser 11?
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee

Currently running or using 378.78 which are working in Poser SuperFly or in IRAY, no issues

Regarding new drivers, I have installed these drivers only due the I'm running GTX1080Ti and really if you don't have any issues with rendering right now with older drivers then I wouldn't install new drivers as these drivers are more for new cards or for gamers

Performance should be same with all drivers,what can change performance is developers of the renderer

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

@jura11
    Thanks so much Jura for the valuable info.
    After all of the problems I had before I won't install the new ones.
    My computer and Poser are happy with the ones I have.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• I've been running Poser 9, Poser 2014, Poser 11 Pro and DS 4.9 with the GeForce 381.89 and the newest 382.05 drivers without any issue.

I had trouble with a few of the 376 drivers causing GUI redraw issue with some of my other 2D and 3D programs so I'm happy the last two updates have fixed those annoyances

• @lululee

I usually don't update graphic/GPU drivers as went via few issues in past as some drivers will break what is working and has been working previously

@adi

Depends on GPU used, but 373.06 has been pretty much best drivers for GTX1080 and GTX1070 and older GPU like are Titan X or 980Ti

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @jura11 said in is it safe to install new NVIDIA drivers?:

@lululee

I usually don't update graphic/GPU drivers as went via few issues in past as some drivers will break what is working and has been working previously

@adi

Depends on GPU used, but 373.06 has been pretty much best drivers for GTX1080 and GTX1070 and older GPU like are Titan X or 980Ti

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Thanks Jura, I'll download the 373.06 driver and give it a test on my other PC

• It's been some time since we last discussed the proper nVidia driver to use with Poser Pro 11.
    As there has been the update to P11 SR7 and many new nVidia drivers, can we go beyond 373.06 now?

• Poser Ambassadors

Personally I use P11 on Win10 with a GTX660Ti, always update drivers & so far not noticed any problems - but I would suggest waiting for others to contribute, there are a lot of variations & I'm spending more time making stuff than rendering it!

• I'm running both SR7 and the nightly builds.

Using Nvidia 384.94 on system with a GTX765m, 385.41 on a GTX1070 on the other one.

There were issues with the 10 series card drivers but that was addressed by Nvidia a while ago, as far as I can tell.