Clothing handles prevent cloth working?

• SOS. I bought an M4 Highlander figure. The kilt shows handles for arranging it. I tried to use cloth, but the cloth will not work. I assume the handles are over-riding the cloth engine. I tried to delete the handles by clicking on them, but they do not highlight. So.... how do I delete the handles or disconnect them from the kilt? Any advice gratefully received.

• @djfilms export obj file, import in blender or 3d program of your choice, remove handles, export as obj, re-imoprt and clothinfy in Poser?

• @ghostship said in Clothing handles prevent cloth working?:

@djfilms export obj file, import in blender or 3d program of your choice, remove handles, export as obj, re-imoprt and clothinfy in Poser?

Or - load the obj into Poser from the runtime folder and use the grouping tool to delete polygons

• @ghostship thanks for replying. I tried that approach and didn't get it to work.

• When you say the cloth doesn't work, what do you mean exactly? Does Poser freeze? Does the simulation get stuck on frame 1 (or any other frame), does it not start (just endlessly cycle)? Handles don't generally override the cloth sim.
    BTW, which 3d program did you import the .obj into?

• Poser Ambassadors

@djfilms

Never- ever export an obj file from Poser. Never-Ever.
    Poser splits an obj file up into separate vertex groups at export. (And there is nothing we can do about that.)
    See Video4 on my tonyvilters YouTube channel.

First load your obj (as per Video1 on the same channel) in Blender and check that it is properly grouped and welded. => Video1 and Video 4.

If properly grouped and welded (correct if required) then export again from Blender and import that obj for use in the cloth room.

Better yet => If you only need it for the cloth room, you can remove all vertex groups. Cross-check for complete welding and remove all double vertex. => Then export and use that obj in the cloth room.

best regards, Tony

• By not working I mean it does not behave as cloth, i.e. remains static. I imported into C4D.

• @vilters Many thanks for your sage guidance! I checked your videos and they very helpful. You are obviously an expert with Poser. I use Cinema4D, so I'll replicate your steps with C4D. Again, many thanks for your assistance! regards.