Can I redown load the original assets?

• I upgraded to EX some time ago, and sometime between then and now some assets that originally came with the software are missing. I'm taking a class and need them but not sure how to get them. I use the asset software as well, but not sure which ones were in the original set.
    Like two of my manga asset folders are empty under materials.

• Hi there,

Please contact support with your version and operating system. Their email is cs@smithmicro.com.

Have a good day!

• "Thank you for contacting Support. The assets may be available using the Clip Studio Net site. Please consult the updated Users Guide for details on using Clip Studio Net."

"There is a link in the application Materials section to access the hosted materials. That is what you need to use to access the other available materials."

I got a response from CSP, but am still not sure where I am supposed to get the materials I am missing from. Can someone screen shot what they mean? I will message them back as well. Been searching for sometime and just missing it some
    where I guess.

• I can only assume its that new asset installer tool that came with the last version . in there( and with Paint not loaded ) you can go to settings ( cog iicon at top right) and in there are items like ...
    Install Material...
    and
    Maintenance menu >.reset installed materials
    Maintenance menu > Organize materials

I have not used them so I cannot tell you how to use them... or how safe they are to existing materials.
    I do notice that the Clip Studio Paint File menu no longer has an item for installing materials and I can no longer find the site that used to have all the default materials. in 4 big file downloads... So I think it must be through that asset tool.... but its far from clear. From its quick help guide it may be the Organize materials that will restore the data

• Bummer. I have already tried everything offered in the material app called "Clip Studio".
    Nothing has restored the missing materials. My internet is garbage right now so I don't want to redownload CSP either.

In my class instead of using the textures everyone else was using, I just used an argyle pattern I downloaded. Classy :-)

• This was something that they did that really —really irritated me as a customer. They purposely invalidated the DVD library in the update. It no longer installs. They expect you to download the whole thing off the web because a subset of files were updated; and because they want to sell it all piece-meal from now on.

For the time being, Clip Studio will support older assets used in older .clip files, but it will no longer allow usage of it in newly created files; the asset library that customers paid them for.

To use its assets, you have to maintain an older install of Clip Studio, and use it to insert the files into your document. You can then open it in the updated install, and continue on, but what a pain in the butt.

• Is that what happened? I mean, I don't mind downloading all the assets again from the new app. But I was hoping it was packaged or something.
    So, I have to find all the old assets one at a time and add them one at a time?
    The app is a bit slow to do that. I had fiber internet, and it still took a long time to load each page, and to open an asset, hit, download, and hit back again. Just lots of lag.
    Now, my internet is pretty darn slow, so I can't imagine trying to find all these things one at a time.
    BUT, I have not really seen content that was not free. I am sure it is there, but everything I want so far is free.

• I don't think that's it either... Luckily I have not lost my original assets but I don't see the main stuff listed in the Clip Studio Asset app.... All I see are things that download with Japanese names and are mainly of low quality that look like things that have been uploaded by amateur artists. If you do find them in there then please tell us

• @888toto
    I will for sure.

I will have to look at the software cause I forgot what it was called, but you can search for just the company provided assests. There are about 1500 I think. Those are not low quality.
    Then, if you find someone that uploads decent stuff (I think they are people that are sponsored by CSP. So they make the training videos and such) then search through their uploads.
    Lots of interesting stuff, but kind of a pain to look through the app.

• Oh. It actually says CELSYS in English as well as Japanese. So you can sort by just those.
    セルシス公式/CELSYS

And they do have collections (search term is: set). So I am not sure if they have the original material collection or not. It is really hard to search on their app.

• AND, I am still confused. Here is the new reply...
    "I apoloigze for the confusion. The Materials are now hosted using ClipStudio.net using the link on the Materials Window.

They are not included in the installer."

I think one issue, is when I click on add more materials in the material window in CSP, it does not take me anywhere. But I assumed it would take me to the CLIP STUDIO app (Not Clip Studio Paint, but the materials app with a really similar name).

alt text

• For anyone who lost their original assets, from before all this "cloud" business, the Assets app still has the ability to install from ZIP files. It's the "Install Material..." first thing under the "Gear" drop-down menu.

The links aren't on the Celsys english site anymore, but the files download urls are still valid (though they could remove them at any time):

Materials for "Legacy" PAINT (up to version 1.4.4)

SINGLE DOWNLOAD (785 MB)

DIVIDED DOWNLOAD:

Additional materials 1: Color pattern / illustration materials (188MB)
    Contains color pattern materials and illustration materials.

Additional materials 2: Monochromatic pattern materials (130MB)
    Contains monochromatic pattern materials that are basic tone materials mainly used for drawing manga.

Additional materials 3: Monochromatic pattern materials (184MB)
    Contains monochromatic pattern materials that are basic tone materials mainly used for drawing manga.

Additional materials 4: Monochromatic pattern materials (184MB)

Additional materials 6: Manga materials (31.5MB)
    Basic tone materials mainly used for drawing manga, such as balloons, sound effects, signs and effect line.

Additional materials 7: 3D materials (71.3MB)
    Contains materials that use 3D.

Materials for "New" PAINT (starting with 1.5.0)

SINGLE DOWNLOAD (785 MB)

DIVIDED DOWNLOAD:

Additional materials 1: Color pattern / illustration materials (188MB)
    Contains color pattern materials and illustration materials.

Additional materials 2: Monochromatic pattern materials (130MB)

Additional materials 3: Monochromatic pattern materials (184MB)

Additional materials 4: Monochromatic pattern materials (184MB)

Additional materials 6: Manga materials (31.5MB)
    Basic tone materials mainly used for drawing manga, such as balloons, sound effects, signs and effect line.

Additional materials 7: 3D materials (71.3MB)
    Contains materials that use 3D.

(The english version apparently never did have a Additional Materials 5)

I believe the method to re-download the materials for version 1.6.0+ is from:
    Assets app --> Gear Menu --> Reset Materials Installed from Cloud
    (and it takes quite a while because it's about 1,500 files)
    NOT: Assets app --> Gear Menu --> Maintenance Menu --> Reset Installed Materials
    (which I think is only for items that you deleted within your user account from the local Documents folder, but are still installed in the "global" folder for all users).

The difference is the first one pulls them down from the Celsys Assets site. The second one copies them again from the "global" folder into your "local" folder.

• @OffWorld Thanks! It worked. I got all the little speed lines and such back. I actually use them quite a bit too when I don't feel hand rendered lines are needed.